Twenty Six

August 4th, 2020

Our first official day here in Dubai and Jack insisted that the first thing we do is go to a shopping mall. Get some things there and after, go to an amusement park or something. I've gotten plenty of sleep, so I'm energized and ready for the day.

I haven't opened my mouth once and it seems like Jack has all of this planned out already. Not sure how he figured out where everything was, but he did. I can't believe I'm going to spend the entire next two weeks with him.

I finish putting on the rest of my mascara, gluing fake eyelashes on after and Jack waits patiently for me, leaning his tall figure against the door frame of the bathroom. I try to avoid his eyes.

I instantly freeze when Jack stands up straight and walks closer to me. His arms wrap protectively around my waist and his hands rest on my belly. It makes my heart skip a beat.

"I can't live with the fact that you hate me." He softly says into my ear, causing involuntary shivers to run down my spine. "You're most likely never going to forgive me, but I'll keep trying. I'll keep saying sorry until you do."

I shake my head softly, "Jack, please." I whisper.

He makes eye contact with me through the mirror, "no. You, please. Do you want Peyton to grow up with parents who fight, huh? Is that what you really want?"

"No, I don't want that, but it's your fault! We wouldn't be in this position if you could just keep your hands to yourself." I whine pathetically, about to cry. "you don't know embarrassing it is to have your husband cheat on you?"

I just put on my mascara too. Jack's face softens at my words and he closes his eyes for a brief moment, guilt waving over him.

"I know and I'm sorry." He says. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

I let out a long sigh, "I just need to know one thing..."

"Of course, anything." He tells me.

The woman he cheated on me with looked familiar, but I only took two glances and I can't remember what she looked like, but she definitely looked like someone I've seen before.

"Who was that girl?" I ask, feeling his body suddenly tense against mine.

"The girl?" He responds, oblivious as ever.

"The one who was in your office." I reword.

He bites his bottom lip, shaking his head. He lets go of me and stands beside me.

"You don't remember her?" He questions. "She's- she was our... First doctor we went to see. The woman we saw who checked if you were infertile."

My eyes widen and I take a step away from him. That's who she was! That uneducated, in training, son of a fucking bitch. I look at him astounded and dumbfounded. Jack has a pleading and worried look on his face.

"I- I can't believe you." I stutter, my breathy starting to become shallow.

What goes around comes back around, right?

"I'm sorry." He holds his arms out for me.

"Stop with the apologies! I had no idea you were attracted to her. I'm so stupid." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. "You're probably attracted to every girl you see."

He shakes his head, "no, no. Only you. It will only ever be you."

"How do you do this?" I croak and his eyebrows pull together.

"Do what, Camila?"

"How can you lie to my face so easily?" I ask, anger rushing through my body.

This man has no shame.

"I'm not lying."

"Stop." I shake my head. "Just stop."

We haven't even stepped out of the suite and I've had enough for today. I blink away my tears and he just stands there watching me. Sympathy evident in his eyes. I put on my wedding and engagement ring and grab my bag.

"Let's just go." I tell Jack, heading out of the suite, not looking back because I know he's following me out already.

We both get into elevator. No sounds from either of us, just the slow piano music playing inside of it. I fiddle with my rings until we get to the lobby. The same young man from yesterday, who hauled our bags, gives me a smile as he passes us.

Jack takes notice in this and protectively wraps his arm around my waist. I glare up at him, gritting my teeth.

"What are you doing?" I scowl.

"You're mine." He snaps back.

"But you're not mine, huh?"

"Camila, not now." He sternly tells me.

I roll my eyes and Jack gets the valet to get our rental car for us. We awkwardly stand and wait, but Jack suddenly breaks the silence.

"Pick whatever you want at the mall. It'll be yours." He says.

"I told you that buying me expensive things won't get me to forgive you." I remind him. "You think money is always the solution."

"I know. I'm just telling you. Whatever you want, we'll get. Money isn't the solution with you and I don't understand. Diamonds are a girls best friend."

"You're clueless. If you hadn't noticed, I'm not like most females. I'm not surprised that you didn't know that. You're never home." I insult.

I bite my bottom lip and look down at my shoes. When the car is outside in the front, Jack's large hand grabs mine and he brings me out to it. I don't protest because I've completely given up on fighting back. It's so exhausting.

He opens the passenger door for me before the valet driver can. We angrily stomps to the drivers side and my eyebrows knit together.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask.

"My problem is that everyone here is ogling and eyeing my wife."

{vote, comment, share}