Warriors

"Even in times of trauma, we try to maintain a sense of normality until we no longer can. That, my friends, is called surviving. Not healing. We never become whole again ... we are survivors. If you are here today... you are a survivor. But those of us who have made it through hell and are still standing? We bare a different name: warriors."
Lori Goodwin

* * *

This is the sequel to my story '12 Seconds'. There will be references to the first book so you may wish to read that before continuing. There is also a prequel called 'Seven Years' which is set before the first book, you do not need to read the prequel to read this book or the first. You can find both books on my Wattpad profile.

I would also like to state that I am not an expert on anything military so there will be errors in the book. Feel free to message me if you find them, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

This book, and the entire series, is dedicated to the men and women of our military services that risk their lives every day for the preservation of peace.

Credit to Alpha203 for thinking of the title name '12 Minutes'.

I have also included a brief timeline below to help figure out where you are; 

Julia's Timeline

2015 – Aged 27. Julia and Marc are now married. *12 Minutes is set in this time period*.

2013 – Julia re-enters the Marine Corp. She is aged 25. *12 Seconds is set in this time period*.

2011 – An RPG is shot at the building she is occupying and she suffers a brain aneurysm. She forgets about the last five years she has spent in the military. *Seven Years is set in this time period*.

2008 – Julia quits the Special Task Force after Jackson and Evan's death, and she and Carlos enter into Marc's Unit.

2006 – Julia joins the Marines. After training she is recruited by General Ridgeway to enter into his Special Task Force. She is aged 18.

1988 – Julia is born.

On a final, and more serious note, this book shall include some sensitive topics including PTSD and miscarriages. PTSD stands of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, formerly known as shell shock, and it is a real illness. If you do, or have in the past, suffered from either of these and need support, then please message me. You do not need to struggle on your own, and I shall always be here to listen to you.

© 2015 by Melissa Kingscott

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronical, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission.