Time to Settle In

"Shelby, wake up. We're here." Kaidan said gently. He was kneeled on the ground by Shelby on her floor space.

"Here? As in the Citadel?" She said more excited with each word as she sat up and started waking up more.

"Exactly." Kaidan couldn't say anything more before Shelby got up and bolted out the door.

"Come on Kaidan, Let's go!" Shelby excitedly yelled back.

Kaidan smiled and shook his head in amusement as he got up to follow Shelby. She ran outside the ship and stopped to look around. Kaidan walked up behind her not long after.

"This... is the Citadel?" Shelby asked obviously confused.

"No. This is part of it. This is the docking bay. Come on, let me show you around the rest of the ward." Kaidan said and nodded his head to the elevator.

They got out of the elevator at the C-Sec headquarters and Shelby immediately had the same facial expression of a four year old on Christmas morning.

"Come on." Kaidan said smiling.

He showed Shelby the whole Citadel. From the presidium terminals to where Chora's Den was, they walked all over the Citadel when Kaidan's omni tool pinged.

"Anderson wants us to head back over to C-Sec to meet Zronk and get your housing situation all finished up."

"Ok. Is he meeting us there? Captain Anderson, I mean." Shelby asked.

"I would assume so. Considering that I don't know who Zronk is." Kaidan joked.

Shelby normally wore her hair up in a bun on the top of her head, but she had left in such a hurry this morning that she had left her hair down in a casual ponytail that draped over her right shoulder. It showed the butterscotch blonde peekaboo poking out from under the rest of her dark-chocolate brown, wavy hair. Shelby had always liked having her hair long, so her ponytail ended just above the top of her hip bone.

Shelby dug around in her pants pockets for her hair ties. She quickly threw her hair back up into a bun on the way over to C-Sec. When they got over to C-Sec, they were greeted by Captain Anderson, who was standing by an older Krogan in a silver suit.

"Shelby, this is your instructor, Gordok Zronk." Captain Anderson introduced.

"Instructor Zronk will be just fine, Captain. Good to have you Shelby." Zronk said in a typical Krogan manner; blunt and to the point.

"Glad to be here Instructor Zronk." Shelby said.

Zronk gave Shelby the directions to her apartment and told her a few more details about the program. They all said their goodbyes, then Kaidan and Shelby walked back outside.

"Come on Shelby. Let's go find your apartment." Kaidan said with a little smile.

"Ok!" Shelby happily agreed.

They got to the apartment complex and stopped. Kaidan checked the piece of paper that Shelby had written the apartment number on.

"Ok. It's apartment A17. So, it should be on the first floor." Kaidan confirmed and they started walking down a hallway of doors.

"Captain Anderson said that the enrollment was lower than most years. Hopefully that means that all of the students will be on one floor this year." Shelby stated.

"Excited to make some new friends?" Kaidan asked.

"Ready to try, I think." Shelby corrected.

"In your time." He reminded her. "I'm just glad to see you happy."