Durarara - From the Heart

It was the middle of December and snow was falling lightly in the busy district of Ikebukero as two high school boys strolled through the warmly lit streets. They were both dressed in Winter attire, warm clothes like scarves and hats however it was only the raven haired boy, Mikado, who wore a jacket while Masaomi, the blonde, wore just a hoodie.

"I told you that if you didn't want to be cold you should have worn a jacket at least, but do you ever listen to me," Mikado tilted his head towards Masaomi who was obviously suffering from his poor decision, "no."

"What? Me? Cold? No way, cold is for the weak," he replied, trying his best to hide his pain behind fake smugness.

"Masaomi, your hands are almost blue," Mikado replied matter of factly. "But hey, if cold really is for the weak then I guess it suits you fine."

"Look who's talking," Masaomi retorted, shoving his hands into his pockets and bumping into Mikado playfully but hard enough to make him lose is balance and almost fall over as he stumbled a couple of steps to the side.

"Masaomi!" He whined, regaining his balance and straightening himself out again. Masaomi however completely ignored his moaning as he set eyes on something else of interest and threw his arms high above his head in a stretch.

"Hey Mikado, look at that hot drinks stand over there. Let's get some hot chocolate, how about it?"

"Well, to be honest I-"

"Yes? Great let's go!" Masaomi answered for him as he grabbed onto Mikado's sleeve and practically hauled him over to the stand, Mikado tripping along behind. Masaomi ordered the two hot chocolates with extra cream of course and chocolate sauce and marshmallows. Mikado dug into his pocket and pulled out his half of the bill, handing it to the vender. Masaomi did the same but when both of his hands ended up in empty pockets, a pained smile graced his face. Slowly, he looked up to his friend who was waiting on him with an expectant expression.

"You know the way friends are supposed to pull through for each other when they need each other most..." he said with as cute a smile as he could make.

"I'm not a girl Masaomi, you're not going to charm the money out of me," Mikado said with a deadpan expression yet nevertheless he put his hand back into his pocket and doubled the amount he had just paid.

"Thanks man, I owe ya one," he grinned cheesily as they strolled away.

"Yeah, maybe you could go away for a while so I could have some peace for once," Mikado beamed in exaggeration.

"Ouch. Lying like that is bad Mikado. After all you know you can't live without me," he smirked over in his best friend's direction before he caught a glimpse of what was past him.

"Hey Mikado, look at those two cuties over there! Why don't you go practice your flirting skills and chat 'em up," Masaomi nudged him.

"Can you not talk about girls for one night," Mikado sighed back, not even bothering to look at where Masaomi had pointed to.

"C'mon, you gotta admit, you really suck at that stuff," he teased crossing his arms behind his head as he walked.

"Masaomi," Mikado groaned in exasperation, tilting his head towards him, now wearing a pleading look.

"Unless-," Masaomi began in a dramatic tone, "the reason why you aren't going after any other girls is because you're heart is set in stone for our boobylicious Anri and you'd feel it an act of betrayal to get close to any other girl. How noble! But as long as I'm around you won't get her that easily!" He finished with a wink.

"M-Masaomi would you cut it out already!! And stop calling her that," Mikado burst out with tinted cheeks, not being able to take his friend's antics any longer.