Chapter 30

I see Scott at his locker. I continue to look around I also see Cam at his locker talking to some girl. She is laughing, and he is smirking. My single tears now turn into a full out cry.

I'm frozen. I can't move. I'm too overwhelmed. I then see everyone in the hallway start staring at me. I start breathing a little heavier. All I am hearing right now is words in my head saying "She's going to be okay" and "She's in good hands" but no she wasn't going to be okay. She isn't okay. She's gone.

Cam notices me and runs up to me and puts his arm around my body totally ditching the girl. It looks like she was mid sentence. He turns me around and starts walking making me walk as well. I get a glimpse of Scott as I'm turning around he looks concerned, but he turns away and walks towards his group of friends.

I put my arm around Cameron and walk with him. I have no idea where we are going because the door to leave is the complete other direction. He is wearing an Adidas sweatshirt, and he takes the sleeve of his free arm and wipes my tears. Him doing that calms me down a little. Too many thoughts are going through my mind right now. We are walking pretty fast. His arm moves higher over my shoulders. I place my head on his side.

I find us walking towards a janitor's closet. We walk in together and we see people watching, but rumors are the last thing on my mind. He reaches up to grab a bucket off the shelf above our heads. He puts the bucket on the floor. I realize he is putting it down for me to sit.

I sit down and he sits down on the floor back to the wall facing me. I wipe my tears. It is awkward for a second because neither of us are talking.

Then Cam finally opens his mouth and says "Soph what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm fine." I say thinking I'm completely not fine.

"Sophie you're crying. You can tell me." He says.

"My locker wouldn't open." I say.

We hear the bell ring to go to our first class.

I look at him. "You can go I'll be fine." I say.

"I'm not leaving you." He says. "If you tell me why you're so upset I can help you."

Can I tell him? I don't even know if I can make it through the story without bursting into tears.

"Today was the day." I say.

"The day...?" He says low.

"The day my mom...passed away." I can feel my eyes are starting to get watery.

It takes Cam a second to process what I just told him.

Then he says "Sophie I'm so sorry."

"It was a car accident. A drunk driver hit her. I was only 14. It was a weekend, and I was at a party drinking when all of this was happening. Just think about that. My dad had to pick me up from a party with drinks. Right after his wife got hit by a drunk driver." I explain the whole story avoiding his eyes the whole time. Tears streamed down my face while I told the story.

"Sophie." He says while standing up.

I stand up and fall into his arms. I remember the warmth of his hugs. I close my eyes. I get much calmer.

While I'm in his arms I think.

I want to do something, but I don't know what would happen if I did. What do I got to lose?

We finish the hug and I step on the bucket using it as a stool. To get eye level with him.

He says "What are you doing?"

I put my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I notice his eyes look much greener up close. His hands fly to my waist and our lips meet.

I hear absolute silence and I forget about the world. I smell the cologne he is wearing which smells like heaven.

My hands move up to his face. We take a breath and tilt our heads in opposite directions than what they were.

I end the kiss by me pulling away and we both just stare into each other's eyes. You would think this would be awkward, but it isn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- Hope you enjoyed the chapter! If you did don't forget to vote and leave a comment!! I love reading your comments so make them interesting. I want to thank you all for reading!

OMG THEY KISSED !!!!!!!!

Team Scott or Team Cameron?

Everyone comment where they are from!!!