10

"I know you're mad at Calum, and its completely understandable because you have every right to be, but I still think you should go to that party," Luke commented as he tossed Michael a beer from the refrigerator.

The green haired boy typically wasn't one to drink, but every time he's sad, he grabs a beer, then two, then three, and drinks the pain away. It helps him forget about all of the heartbreak for a while, which is nice.

"No," Michael replied bluntly. He wasn't going to that party and nothing was going to make him.

"Why? We go every year, and each time, we've had a blast. Come on, please? You can even avoid Calum."

The convincing of the blonde wasn't getting them anywhere. Michael didn't want to go and that was that. Besides, it would be pretty stupid to go now that Calum knows how Michael feels about the boy and rejected him not once, but twice.

"How would I even avoid him at his own party? Sorry Luke, but you and Ashton can go on your own."

"Fine, be stubborn then."

The two boys stopped talking after that, the living room just consisting of silence and the smell of alcohol, Luke being tipsy and Michael being completely wasted. Sure, the party was tonight which gave the green boy time to change his mind, but he wasn't planning on it.

Attending the party of your ex crush? No thanks!

-

Ashton: so luke told me you're drunk

Michael: I was. I took some medication and sobered up a little. My head still hurts like hell though.

Ashton: I bet. Did you change your mind about the party yet?

Michael: Nope, I'm not going.

Ashton: darn, I was hoping that beer would knock some sense into you

Michael: Sense? I don't want to see the boy who broke my heart.

Ashton: okay I understand where you're coming from but hes your best friend. And you shouldn't let some crush get in the way of your friendship.

Michael: was my best friend, as in he's a part of my past now and not my future.

Ashton: why?

Michael: I can't be friends with somebody I'm head over heels in love with. It doesn't work like that.

Ashton: well...maybe he's head over heels in love with you too and is just in denial about it.

Michael: ha sure. That's a good joke.

Ashton: wasn't joking but okay

Michael: he's into girls and straight af. Wouldn't be surprised if i show up and he has hickeys all over his neck.

Ashton: ..does this mean you're coming? :D

Michael: maybe

Ashton: omg!!!

Michael: jk no

Ashton: damn it. Well I have to start getting ready..and Luke needs help with....his tie..yeah..bye!!!

Michael: don't forget the condoms.

Michael knew what was up, Ashton's excuse for a "tie" was obviously a hidden message for a quick hook up in the car.