Chapter 20

Brooklyn and I were at the park sitting on one of the benches before I was supposed to meet his family. I wanted to see Brooklyn before going over because I know if I were to just go over I'd be a nervous wreck.

"Don't be nervous, okay. There's nothing to worry about." Brooklyn grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb over my own. I stayed silent just listening to his voice and the sound of the wind hitting the trees.

"We should probably head to my house now" he said getting up and offering me his hand which I gladly took. We slowly made our way to his house.

"Mom, Dad. We're here" Brooklyn said walking into the house. I heard footsteps before Victoria and David Beckham were standing in front of me.

"Hi dear, I'm Victoria" his mom smiled reaching out to shake my hand. I stood there for a few seconds trying to get words to come out of my mouth.

"Hi, I'm Charlie" I shook her hand feeling the heat rush to my cheeks, not even five minutes into meeting Brooklyn's parents and I already messed up

"Hi, I'm David. We briefly when I drove you and Brooklyn to school, right?" Brooklyn's dad said putting out his hand for me to shake and I nodded in return to his question that yes indeed I was that girl he drove to school with Brooklyn.

"I was just making dinner, come and have a seat in the living room" Victoria said. I bent down to take of my shoes before entering farther into the house. "oh, don't worry about taking your shoes off dear." she told me but I insisted and took them off anyways, leaving them by the door and out of the way.

Brooklyn led me through the house and out to the back yard. I noticed 2 boys playing soccer and a little girl sitting in the grass with a dog. Brooklyn grabbed my hand and led me to the little girl.

I'm not going to lie, if you had asked me a few years ago about the Beckham family I could have told you almost anything, but not so much anymore. I used to be really into soccer and I knew everything and anything about all the top soccer players, but over the years I lost my interest and the facts I knew started to fizzle out.

I only knew a few things about a few soccer players and David Beckham being one of them. Also my mother is really into fashion and one of her all time favourite designers is Victoria Beckham so of course I looked her up and saw Brooklyn and who could forget a face like that.

"Harper," he said crouching down besides her "I want you to meet somebody" once he said that the little girl turned around and stood up smoothing out her dress. She looked up at me and slowly moved closer to her brother.

"Hi," I smiled crouching down to her level. I waited for a few seconds before standing up again.

"Harper you don't have to get scared" Brooklyn said picking her up in this arms. With that being said she slowly moved her head to look at me and in the cutest little voice spoke out "Hi" which made me smile because although it was just one word she made it seem so adorable.

"Charlie this is my little sister Harper, Harper this is my girlfriend, Charlie" Brooklyn spoke looking at the little girl him his arms. She looked at me with a little sparkle in her eye.

While I was busy admiring Harper and all her cuteness Brooklyn must have called over the two boys which I'm assuming are his two brothers.

"Guys this is Charlie, Charlie this is Romeo," he said pointing to the taller one "and Cruz" he said pointing to the shorter.

"Hi" I smiled to which they smiled back. Right after Brooklyn's mom called us in, the smell from the food was amazing, I could't wait to taste it. I waited until everybody sat down before taking my seat, in most houses everybody had "their" seat which they sat in every time, the seat between Brooklyn and Romeo was open and I had a feeling that was because I was here but I didn't complain because I was grated to have Brooklyn beside me to calm me down.

"Everything smells so good Mrs. Beckham" I smiled in her direction before grabbing a bit of everything

"Thank you dear, but please call me Victoria" I had always been raised to call an adult by their last name so I knew it would feel a bit odd to call them by their first name but after a little bit of time maybe I'd feel more comfortable.

"So Charlier, tell us about yourself" Brooklyn's dad looked at me

"Um, there isn't much to say really, I moved here with my parents and I have a younger brother," I trailed off not really knowing what else to say

"Where'd you move him" Mrs. Beckham said

"Canada" I smiled thinking about all my friends and family

"That's far, are you originally from there?" Mr. Beckham asked

"Yes sir, I was born there and when I was around 4 I moved to America for a 5 years before moving back to Canada" I thought back to the friends I have in America, I haven't seen them since way before I moved here. Usually we go visit every year but we didn't this past summer.

"Where in America have you been" Romeo came into the conversation

"Well I lived in Virginia, but I've been to to most states along the east coast and to California" 

"Cool, we just go to LA and New York mostly" Cruz spoke up

For the rest of the meal they just asked me about random stuff, like my schools or hobbies. I was really having a great time here.

I'll be honest I totally thought I was going to make a fool out of myself, but surprisingly enough I didn't. It felt right to be here with his family.

Looking up at him a smiled before looking at Cruz who had asked me a question.

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in SO long, I'm at the end of my school semester so were wrapping up summatives and preparing for exams. I'm doubting I'll be able to update much this week because all my summatives are happening at the same time but next week I hopefully will and then the week after that is exams so hopefully I'll be able to update because I'll only be at school for like 2-3 hours max.

Again I'm so sorry hopefully I'll be able to update more when the new semester starts.

XOXO K.