16) Dirty Dancing

We stared at each other for a what felt like eternity before he suddenly stood up and left my room. I was shocked. I stood there for a few moments, staring at the door he had just walked through. He had left again. Why was he always leaving? 

Just as I was beginning to turn away, the door opened again and Nykulus stood there with a glass of water in his hand. 

"You need to rest. You're delirious." He was speaking softly, as if I was broken. He thought that what I was saying wasn't true, that I was just going insane because I bumped my head.

I frowned. "I'm not crazy Nykulus." But I couldn't look at him as I said it. I couldn't be broken in front of someone I didn't know, someone that I wanted to know. 

"Go to bed." He sat at the end of my bed, watching me as I slowly walked past him and slid under the covers. He had a weird look on his face that I couldn't place. He turned the lights off before laying next to me, but on top of the covers. He had his hands behind his head but he didn't close his eyes. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked as I started drifting to sleep.

"You." He whispered.

I didn't know what was going on with us or what he was doing with me, but for whatever reason, I liked it. Maybe I was going crazy.

~

When I woke up, Sinner was gone. I didn't want to care as much as I did, but I couldn't help it. It was Saturday and the only thing good about Saturdays in the city were the clubs. Living in the suburbs now made finding a club a bit harder. Atlanta was only 30 minutes away, but I wasn't able to just walk out of the house and pass about 5 clubs in the span of 3 blocks like I could back home. 

I ran down the hall to Blakes room and threw open the door. "We're going to a club tonight."

~

Just because Blake was gay, didn't mean he only went to gay clubs. He was always able to pick up men wherever he went, but that doesn't mean we only went to non- gay clubs. I still picked up a few women in my free time. But way down south in Marietta, Georgia, homosexuality was not something you discussed at the dinner table. 

I invited Haley, who had a great time getting dressed up in some of my very little clothing. 

The club was exactly what I expected, sort of. Flashing lights, loud dubstep, lots of skin, but lots of flannel. Blake had disappeared the minute we stepped into the club, mumbling something about a cute guy. Haley was in the bathroom, while I took a break by sitting at the bar. We had only been there for a hour but I was already exhausted. 

"Hey darlin." I looked up and met a pair of green eyes. He was a real southerner, light brown hair covered up by a cowboy hat, and a  button up flannel shirt on. "Can I buy you a drink?"

I smiled innocently, a drink was exactly what I wanted. "Sure." He waved the bartender down and got us to shots of vodka each.

I did both before speaking again. "You got a name cowboy?" 

"Connor. You must be Savannah." He must have seen the look of confusion on my face because he continued. "You're the talk of the town. My little brother is a junior at your school, and you little miss, are all that him and his friends can talk about. Now I can see why." He looked me up and down, taking in my little black dress. 

"Oh yeah?" Out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar face walking through the crowd, causing me to lean in closer to Connor. "Two more shots of vodka and come dance with me." 

We downed them quickly before I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me onto the dance floor. Soon, I was lost in the music and Connors hands on my body. Haley had joined us and the familiar face I had seen earlier was no where to be found. Blake brought us more shots, along with his new toy. Just for a moment, in my clouded tipsy mind, while dancing with people I barely knew, I forgot about everything. 

But my moment was short lived, as I was pressed between Connor and Haley. Connor's hand found his way into my hair and he pressed his lips to mine before suddenly being jerked away from me. I opened my eyes just as Nykulus punched him in the jaw, sending him stumbling backwards. 

"Keep your fucking hands off of my girl." He spat at Connor. There was now a few people staring at us but I'm pretty sure all Nykulus could see was red. 

"Way to ruin a perfectly good night Nykulus." I  stopped away from them, I needed air.

"Savannah, wait." I barely hard him call after me.

Outside I pulled out a pack of Marlboro reds and had just placed one in my mouth when Nykulus came around the corner. I dug through my purse and growled in frustration when I couldn't find my lighter. His hands were twitching as he reached into his pocket to pull out his. He cupped his hand around the end of my cigarette and the flame as he lit it.

"Why'd you have to show up tonight? I was having fun without you." I took a drag of my cigarette and flicked the ashes towards him to let him know he was standing too close to me. He didn't move. 

"I was next door at the hookah bar, I saw your car." He nodded his head in the direction of the bar. I didn't look. 

Raising my eyebrow, I said, "So instead of just saying hello, you rip the guy I was dancing with off of me and punch him?" 

"On the contrary princess, I punched him because he kissed you. You were dancing with him for a while and I didn't do anything even though I wanted to." He bit back. 

"I don't get you Nykulus. You act like you like me one minute and then the next you're disappearing." I frowned up at him. 

Sighing, he looked into the distance, "I just didn't like him kissing you."

I took the last drag of my cigarette before putting it out on the wall behind me. "Yea, well, I don't care what you don't like Nykulus." I stalked away from him back towards the club, "And also, I'm not your girl." 

I didn't look back to see if he had followed me inside.