Chapter 45

I sighed in relief as I collapsed onto our bed, three days have passed since the fight and now they released the both of us. Samuel still had to take it easy, but he was allowed to go out or do whatever except shift and train. I sat up and watched him as he sighed and sat on the bed, pain etched onto his face. Concern bubbled in my chest at the sight of him, I crawled over towards him before wrapping my arms carefully around him. We just sat there in silence, me trying to comfort him and wishing I could take away his pain while he was thinking I guess. I pressed a soft kiss on his cheek and sighed, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I whispered against his neck.

He shivered a bit before smiling and looking at me, "Now that you're close to me." 

"That's corny." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "Hey, I know it's kind of a tiring day, but...we never got to go on our date." 

"So...." I urged.

"Would...you...um....would you want to...uh...go? Tonight?" he asked shyly, his voice shaking a bit.

I kissed him again, "Of course, but you have to be careful. I don't want your wound opening up on your chest or abdomen." I stated, frowning at him. 

He nodded, "I won't." 

We took a nap for about three hours, which we desperately needed. I ended up waking up before him, I noticed how tired he looked even when he was sound asleep. I bit my lip, I want to go on this date, but I also want him to be healthy. I planted another kiss on his cheek before silently climbing out of bed to take a shower. I was quiet as I grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom, I kept checking the water's temp until it was nice and warm. I smiled as the water washed over my body, helping all of my muscles feel relaxed and helping me to wake up. I jumped when the shower door swung open suddenly, revealing my sex god of a mate in all of his naked glory. I swallowed, my eyes trailed down his body, filling me with desire. Samuel had a smirk on his face as my eyes went back up to his face. His eyes were black, swirls of lust and love danced within them. 

He took a step into the shower and closed its door, he then cupped my face and stared at me. Without a single word he crushed his lips against mine in one hell of a passionate kiss. Our mouths danced together for goddess knows how long before parting. We were both panting, our eyes midnight black as we just stared at each other.

"What was that for?" I breathed.

He smirked, "Nothing, I just wanted to kiss you." 

"Well...are you going to do it again or just stare at me?" I teased, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled, but kissed me once again. We made-out in the shower for a bit before washing each other off. I was gentle when I reached his stitches, tears pooling into my eyes as flashes of the fight flew into my mind. Samuel instantly noticed my blue mood and placed the washcloth down, he then grabbed my jaw and made me look at him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked softly.

My bottom lip trembled as I stared up at him, "I almost lost you." I whispered.

He furrowed his eyebrows in pity before gently stroking my cheek with his thumbs. I could see his eyes become watery as he stared at me. "And I almost lost you too..." he trailed off, clenching his jaw. 

My own eyebrows knitted together is confusion, is he crying? He suddenly pulled me against him in a hug, running his hand through my knotted and wet hair. He kept kissing me on the temple as his body shook with his silent sobs. I also let out my sobs, the realization of almost losing each other forever finally dawning on us. I nuzzled my face into his neck, my grip tightening on him as I cried tears of sorrow and relief. He's here, he's alive and he's currently hugging me while crying as well. I kept telling myself this over and over again, calming myself down before whispering soothing things to him. 

"I think this date tonight would be a good thing." I mumbled.

He nodded against me, "Yeah." he whispered in a cracked voice.

We continued to embrace each other for the next ten minutes until the shower started to get a little colder. We quickly finished washing our bodies and hair before stepping out. I wrapped my towel around my shivering body, I couldn't help but chuckle as Samuel tried wrapping the towel around the both of us. I was shocked when he managed and with a smirk, started walking out of the bathroom. I didn't even have to move, I leaned against the towel as he literally dragged me out. I kept glancing at the fabric, how the hell is this thing not ripping? Once we were finally out of the bathroom he walked to the bed and turned around, I furrowed my eyebrows as I stood behind him, my back pressed against the bed. He then suddenly let go of the towel, causing me to fall back onto the mattress. He spun around and chuckled softly.

I swiftly wrapped the towel around me and rolled my eyes at him, "You're such a pain in my ass." I mumbled.

He grinned, "I know." 

That night I got dressed into a simple dress and sweater, my mother decided to do my hair and apply a small amount of make-up. Claiming that she wanted to at least do something for me since she was absent almost my whole life. When I was finally finished I walked downstairs and to the front door, I smiled to myself. It's like I'm going to my Prom or something. My father opened the front door to reveal Samuel in a blue tuxedo with a white tie underneath and a very light blue shirt. I gaped at him, he had to be the hottest damn thing out there. Maybe even hotter than the sun itself. I felt nervous all of a sudden, butterflies fluttered in my stomach as he held out his hand.

"Ready?" he asked, a smile on his face.

I swallowed and nodded, "Y-yes." 

He took my hand in his and walked me out to the limo before opening the door for me. I climbed in and took my seat, Samuel quickly following after. He closed the door and sighed, giving me a lazy grin. 

"You look amazing tonight." he whispered before kissing me on my lips.

Author's note: Hehehe...tried not ending it on a cliffhanger, but I guess this is sort of one. Anyways! Updating tomorrow and sorry I didn't update "The Blackthorn Luna" in a while, I will tomorrow. It's just I need to sleep and it's already 11pm, writing a chapter takes me like thirty minutes. Honestly. So, I'm going to go to bed now....

And don't forget! In case you haven't read it...

I have a facebook page for this account now!

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/Writer20161-1650363611902665/?fref=nf

There will be previews of upcoming books for 2016 and new chapters! Also, post your questions for the character interview book coming out soon! :) If you do not have a facebook then message me on here your question if you want to ask one. Remember, it's for ALL of my characters for ALL of my books. ;)