11- powerless

I'm sorry Draco, but you know the rules for slytherin stealing"

Draco nodded sadly

"I'm gonna miss you though, Draco." He pulled out his wand.

"Wait! Please don't banish me from slytherin!" Draco cried

"Draco, there are three options- you tell the truth, you leave slytherin to be resorted, or.."
"Please tell me, Severus" Draco said desperately
"Or you loose your magic. It's the rules of the wizarding world; if a wizard commits a crime , they loose all their powers."
"Let me guess, it's one of that stupid new minister of magics newly instated rules?"
Snape nodded
"Fine, I'll do it."
See, Draco wasn't jus afraid of leaving for his pride; not many people knew, but if you were sorted in to a house and then banished it made you an outcast.. Also , as stupid as it sounds each day you spend in that house the more attached you grow to it. Slytherin had grown to be a part of Draco.
Snape looked down in shock.
"Are you sure? It's a permanent procedure Draco, what would your father say-"
"Don't mention my father." Draco said bitterly, with narrowed eyes.

Snape flicked his wand silently and a golden stream left his wand, wrapping around Draco with a swift fluid like movement.

Draco closed his eyes as tingly feelings shot throughout his body, and then- after felt like years- it was over, and the lace of gold snaked back into snapes wand.

-

Draco had returned to pansy with a forced smile. He felt naked. Would others be able to tell he was powerless? Thank god he could still read minds though, he thought as he scanned through pansys mind to see if she knew, sifting through irrelevant thoughts. The rest of the class poured in and dracos eyes fell on Harry, before darting over to hermione. Who ha blotchy cheeks and puffy eyes as if she had been crying. Oh right, the plan. He'd leave her be until she was calmer. Ron then strutted through the door, shoving hermione aside with disinterest, who was twirling the antidote to the potion between her fingers sadly. God how discreet. Not. Draco almost felt a shred of sympathy for the girl. Ron sat down with gryfindor boys , ignoring the hurt looks he received from hermione.

He felt someone's eyes on him and swing round to see Harry staring at him in shock.

Shit.

He could read dracos mind.

'You've .. Lost your powers?'

Draco didn't know he was angry before the blood was boiling in his veins. He didn't want potter to know!

He leapt over the table, his fist colliding with Harry's jaw as he felt heard a painful sounding crunch. Harry yelped and Draco just hit him again and again. He wanted to undo time, he wished he could reverse it all, and he couldn't control it until he looked down shakily at a passed out Harry.

"Fuck.."

He fled from the classroom, heart racing wildly until he reached the slytherin common room.

He slept for the remainder of the day, neglecting his tutoring session with potter.

The next morning , he woke to something digging painfully into his cheek. He sat up groggily and discovered that it was a book, brown leatherback with the words etched across the front
"loopholes in the law: a guide for young wizards"

He flicked through it until he found the law for theft.

He skipped past the law and straight to the loophole section, eyes scanning across the page desperately.

"There are only two loopholes for the no power rule, but very essential if you don't fancy being a squib" Draco rolled his eyes
"Firstly, the quickest source to gain power is to drink unicorn blood, but killing a unicorn is the darkest deed. The other option is to bond with your soulmate. If they are not your true soulmate then you will remain powerless, but if they are, you must sacrifice your soul, mind and body to them and you are bonded forever, and they will sacrifice some of their power for you. There is a ritual for this bond, which can be found on page 217" Draco snapped the book shut quickly as the door flew open and Layla stormed in.

"Malfoy! Your fucking potion has worn off! I'll kill you!" Draco didn't flinch as she came closer and she stopped with a confused look
"Why don't you care that I'm about to kill you?"
"You answered your own question. Get the fuck out."
"What is up with you lately Draco?"
"I said get the fuck out!" He spat and she narrowed her eyes
"You're gonna regret you were born, Draco!" She hissed before leaving with a slam of the door that rattled the Windows.

-

Draco woke again at around midday, rattled and agitated about having yet another nightmare of killing Harry in the potions lab the previous day.

He got dressed and shuffled out of his dormitory which was strangely still empty. It then dawned on him that it was a hogsmeade weekend and decided to go. Before he left he was about to grasp his wand but then he remembered he was powerless and his heart sank to the bottom of his stomach. He shook it off and grabbed his thickest cloak, before leaving the castle.

When he got there, he walked around alone for about ten minutes before he spotted pansy and Blaise outside honeydukes.
"Hey guys.." He mumbled sheepishly, not sure why he felt guilty for not speaking to them since the potions incident. They turned in sync with equally surprised faces and pansy let out a squeal of delight "Draco!" She flung her arms around his neck and he grinned as he hugged her. She wasn't perfect; she repulsed him with her flirting and boasting, but she was his best friend.
Her smile faded and she looked him over with dark brown eyes of concern "what's wrong, Draco?"
He shrugged "'m just cold, tha's all." "No, I don't mean now. I mean.. You beat potter up for no reason- I hate him but he must of done something? Then you stormed off and slept all day yesterday and half of today. You're just acting off."
He sighed "please don't make me talk about it , pans." Pansy opened her mouth to protest but Blaise thumped a hand on Dracos shoulder with a carefree smile "mate, you look like you could use a fire whiskey or ten" he snickered, but his eyes were kind. Pansy sighed and agreed, before they both dragged him off to the three broomsticks where they were greeted cheerfully by madam rosmerta who flaunted her new engagement ring in glee to the uninterested students. "Oh gosh, I'm rambling, sorry.. What would you like?"
Pansy answered with a bored expression "two firewhiskeys and a butterbeer for myself, please." Madam rosmerta nodded before leaving.

She returned several minutes later with there order which Draco chugged eagerly. That's when the game began.

-

1160 words for chapter eleven
Thanks for taking the time to read this, please leave feedback
-nalajayne