Secrets behind the quiet girl

Recap: When I walked out I walked into someone, I fell onto the ground and when I looked up I saw…..

Chapter 5:

    I looked up and saw Blaze standing over me looking surprised that I had fallen on the ground.

    "Oh my bad, I'm sorry Jackie i didn't see you. I'm sorry." He said over and over again.

    He held out his hand and helped me up and i just smiled, "It's okay i wasn't looking either if i had been i would have saw you when i walked out. Don't worry about it not like I’m hurt or anything."

    "Then what's that?" He asked pointing at the drops of blood falling from the back of my head. I turned and looked at it then touched the back of my head. Wonderful!

    I sighed then shrugged, "Nothing new." I said sweetly then he walked me to the nurse with the officer behind us.

    "I'm so sorry Jackie i really am." He said as we sat down in the nurses office and waited for her to stitch up my head. The officer went to my last class to grab my bag for me since i was in my next class already.

    "Blaze don't even worry about it. My daughter always bangs my head against hers by mistake so I’m used to getting it cut up. Seriously though don't worry about it."

    The nurse walked over and smiled at us, "Sweetie you opened a scar when you hit your head."

    "I hadn't even realized i hit my head that's the funny part." I said smiling.

    Blaze sighed and i put my hand on his shoulder, i could see a scar from his hairline to the bottom of his eye. There is defiantly a story behind that.

    I looked away so he wouldn't know i was thinking about the scar that was on his face. I wanted the house to trust me not hate me and think I’m just trying to get their stories. Which I’m seriously not, i just want to be able to understand my house mates more and know how not to piss them off.

    She began to stitch up my cut while Blaze sat next to me and looked at the ground.

    "So Blaze why are you even here?" I asked nice and calmly.

    He sighed then moved in his seat and looked at me.

    "Blaze if you don't want to tell me it's fine I’m just trying to understand everyone better." I said putting my hand on his shoulder, he looked at me in the eyes and smiled.

    "How about i tell you at lunch? That way you can hear both me and my sister's story." He asked.

    "That sounds good. So I’ll meet you and Ali for lunch." I smiled.

    He nodded then the nurse finished and i hugged Blaze and went to my next class that the officer walked me to. When i walked into the class i saw Skarlet sitting in the back middle seat near the window drawing on her arm not paying attention while Ali was in the back left corner of the room looking at the board but you could easily see her mind was somewhere else.

    I walked over to the empty seat next to someone i didn't know and just sat down, at the corner of my eye i saw them watching me sit down. Yeah that's not creepy at all right. I sighed then took out my notebook and listened to what the teacher was going over. The class went by pretty quick and it was already time for lunch.

    I walked into the cafe and saw Blaze walk in with Ali on the other side, how didn't i see him go get her at the end of class she was in my last class? I shrugged that off and walked over to them, when Ali saw me she looked worried and looked at Blaze. He nodded then she slightly relaxed. We sat down at an empty table waiting for the lines to grow smaller. We had an hour lunch so there wasn't a rush. Blaze and I went up to the line while Ali sat at the table and just held onto her sleeves covering her arms. I looked at Blaze who had his head down.

    "Is she okay Blaze?" I asked worried.

    He shrugged then we moved up in the line.

    "After what happened she doesn't talk to anyone but me. It's pretty hard because with us not having that many classes together she has a breakdown after class in her room and it's hard because i don't know how to help her." He said.

    I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me, "But yeah let me fill you in on why we're here."

    We grabbed out food as he talked, "Well it was about two years ago. Well my parents were killed in a plane crash and i was sent to live with Ali and her parents. Well i was there for probably a year and then her dad started drinking and beating her mom more then he did before. Well one night i came home from my friends house with Ali and we found her mom dead on the couch with her dad sitting in the recliner with a beer and joint in his hand. Well Ali screamed at him and threatened to call the cops on him. He got pissed and got up and threw her against the wall she knocked out right after and then he came after me because i ran and went to grab the phone. But before i could he started to hit me and i grabbed a bottle that was next to my head when he wasn't looking and smashed it against his head. It cut his head and caused him to get off of me and get on his knees holding his head. I went over to Ali and helped her up and i guess i didn't see him because Ali grabbed my knife and stabbed him in the stomach and we just let him bleed to death on the ground while she cried in my arms about her mom. I guess the neighbors heard us and called the cops when they got there they were going to just arrest Ali which i couldn't let happen so i said i did it too. When me and Ali got sent here she really didn't talk to me because she thought i threw away my life so she wouldn't be alone which isn't true. But then one night she was going to kill herself and i stopped her and then she told me that her dad raped her every night before i got there and even while i was there. And that she got pregnant about six times and lost each baby and now she might never be able to have kids because of how bad he beat her for losing the last baby. We've been here for about a year now." He said as we finished getting out food and walking over to the table.

    Ali looked at us when we sat down and i reached my arm over and took her hand in mine, "Ali if you ever need someone to talk to I’m here for you okay." I said with complete sincerity in my voice.

    I saw her eyes lit up and she smiled a warm caring smile and nodded then we began to eat. I couldn't believe this girl was raped, beaten, and killed her father. She has so much potential, i saw it in class when she would answer a question even when she wasn't paying attention to anything the teacher was saying to the class. Lunch ended and i said goodbye to the two and went to my next class. It was going to be a long rest of the day.