№.34 :: Red Clouds

Chapter Thirty-Four

Not a sound was heard throughout the corridor as the young Uchiha trotted through the darkness, finding his way back to his bedroom with ease. Anger fumed deep within him and boiled his blood; Orochimaru and Kabuto had pushed his buttons, and knowing that Serenity was happy by his brother’s side had left him feeling hollow and numb. A wound to the heart would always hurt and would most definitely last longer than any physical pain someone could endure, and Sasuke Uchiha was finally enduring what Serenity had felt the moment he betrayed Konohagakure. He slammed his bedroom door behind him as he fell onto the mat on the ground; Sasuke groaned as he covered his face within his hands. What had he done? Regrets slammed into Sasuke at full speed, causing his heart to ache as he thought about the way Serenity used to look at him. Her red hues would sparkle in the sun, her smile would brighten up his day whenever he felt down. She used to embrace him tenderly; her body heat would cause his skin to crawl in anticipation. Serenity was everything he had ever wanted in a woman; beautiful, talented, and strong. She was perfect for Sasuke and could help him restore the Uchiha clan; however, Serenity loathed him. Sasuke knew that if she were ever to lay eyes on him again, a look of pure disgust would cross her features. She wanted nothing to do with him; that much Sasuke was sure of.

The young Uchiha opened his eyes, his onyx gaze overwhelmed with sadness as it lingered on the ceiling above him. He had to do something that would change Serenity’s perception of him… he needed to open her eyes to the truth. But what could he do? Kabuto’s information was never incorrect thus Serenity was no longer with the Akatsuki. She was miles away, safe behind the walls of her kingdom, and under the constant scrutiny and protection of her security. A grimace flashed over Sasuke’s features, but he was unwilling to give up on Serenity. She had loved him first, so she would be his in the end. It seemed that killing Itachi would not only satisfy his hunger for vengeance, but Serenity would become his once more after his older brother was out of the picture. But would Serenity’s hatred for him only deepen if he were to kill Itachi? Sasuke sighed at the thought; it seemed that there was no way out of this love triangle without Serenity’s hatred for him intensifying. His gaze narrowed on the ceiling above; what could he do to prove himself to Serenity? She was gentle and kind-hearted, and just maybe, she could forgive him one day for his betrayal. A dark look entered Sasuke’s gaze as a slight smirk appeared over his lips; an idea had formed within his thoughts. The boy sat up on the mat as he ran his fingers through his hair; if he wanted to prove himself to Serenity, he should do it in person.

His heart raced within his chest, beating rapidly against his ribcage at the thought of seeing Serenity in person. He’d seen her from afar, but nothing compared to being next to her. Sasuke pushed himself onto his feet, stripping off the black shirt that clung to his chest and changing into something more suitable for travel. His onyx gaze lingered over the blue shirt and white trousers he used to wear when he still relied within the Hidden Leaf. His gaze hardened as he slipped a clean white shirt over his chest and black trousers to match; Sasuke didn’t hesitate as he tied his weapons pouch to his thigh and slipped his feet into his shinobi sandals. His intentions would most likely anger Orochimaru, but at this point, Sasuke didn’t care—he gave up everything to gain power, but he wasn’t going to lose Serenity that easily. Every day that passed, she lingered within his thoughts and tugged at his heart. Sasuke grabbed a black cloak from his closet, throwing it over his shoulders and tying it at the base of his neck. The night was still young and if he hurried, he would reach the Snow Kingdom before dawn. Sasuke pulled the cloak’s hood over his head; silently closing his bedroom door behind him, his Sharingan gaze clashed with the darkness that surrounded him.  His blood red gaze narrowed as he trotted deeper into the darkness. Serenity will be his.