chapter ten

I lay on my bed, surrounded in the silence of my room. The only noise being the hum of the parties that our trainers had gladly attended. I couldn't sleep. I slumped out of my bed and slowly made my way out to the balcony of our room. At the end of the platform, leaning on the railing, a figure of shadows appeared to be ablivouse at my presence. I walked up to the end of the rail, next to the figure.
"Oh (Y/N)" it was Finnick
"Yep. Just me" I sighed. My head was spinning with thoughts of what tomorrow will bring.
"Can't sleep either?"
"Yeah, to many thoughts in my mind"
"I can relate" I let out a small laugh and moved closer towards Finnick and placed a hand on top of his.
"I don't know what I would do without you?" He put his head onto the crook of my neck
"Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure, anything"
"Did you really mean what you said back there? Or was it just to stop the games?"
"It wa-"
"Guys! What are you doing out here?" Our trainer was now extremely drunk.
"I should probably go inside" I said, walking back towards my room.
"Good luck for tomorrow"

After a long night of nightmares and screaming, I finally woke up. I honestly didn't want to get up so I decided to lay in bed for a little longer.
"You up yet?" My door opened slightly and Finnick - to who I knew by the voice, slipped in
"Apparently" I mumbled not lifting my head from my bed.
"Huge day today" he said, climbing onto my bed and nuzzling his head into my neck
"No kidding" I smiled, closing my eyes
"I promise I won't let anything happen to you" I could feel his hot breath on the skin of my neck.
"What about you?"
"Yes, I would love to live the rest of my life happily, but if I live, and you die, I have no one, but if you live, and I die, you still have a family to go back to, to look after."
"I couldn't live with myself though if you died" I felt a tear dwell in my eye, but I held it back.
"Same goes here" I felt a tear fall onto my shoulder was Finnick crying? It wasn't the first time I had seen him cry though.
"I can't lose you" he now had his hed fully pressed against my neck.
"Finnick, I really l-"
"Guys! You're up! Get readt to go!" Once again, I was interrupted. I was really getting sick of this, but, I could be dead in a couple of hours, so I kept my mouth shut.

A/N
And another shitty chapter! Next chapter coming soon.
See ya later alligator (I just really like writing these after every chapter )
~N