chapter two

Chapter two

Dream

“What are you doing here all alone?” Zane sat down next to me.

“I was just thinking about how it is going to be tomorrow. Why are you here?” It started raining.

End of dream

Oh dear lord did I just dream that. I think I was thinking about him before I feel asleep. I do not think I was. Was I? I came home took a shower and looked at myself in the mirror. After that my mom came to my room and asked me if I was okay and I said yes. She only asked me that because I was thinking about Zane’s ex-girlfriend. That must have been why I dreamt about him. Okay I have to stop thinking about him. I am just going to change and go to school.

<Teddy: Scar wants to know if you want to hang out with us. Just like friends. We are not going to do any couple things.>

<Scar: Hey love lets hang out tomorrow, just the three of us.>

          Why do they want to hang out? Am I missing something? Scar probably told Teddy about what we talked about. I am going to get her back for this. I need a plan, though.

<Anne: Teddy, is something going on?>

<Anne: Scar, did you tell Teddy about our conversation? Why are we going to hang out?>

          This might take them some time.

“Mom, I am going to school.” My mom was at the kitchen washing dishes.

“Bye honey.”  I walked out the door and Zane was standing at my front lawn.

 “Hey, do you want to walk to school together?” Zane was wearing black jeans with a flannel shirt.

“Okay, is something wrong? Did Teddy die?” I stood next to him.

“No he is fine. I just remembered that we walk the same direction and so I decided to wait for you.” I started blushing.

“I guess it is cool.” We both started walking.

          I like this, in a weird and unusual way. My feelings are taking over.

<Teddy: Anne nothing happened we just want to hang out.>

<Scar: I did tell him but he does not want to talk about that. We are just going to hang out.>

“Anne, what are you doing Saturday night?” Zane whispered the last part.

“I am not doing anything. Why?” Zane got happy.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the park in the night. I promised Teddy I would hang out with you so that we could get to know each other, as friends of course.” Zane stopped walking.

“I think I can go. I will ask my mom and tell you tomorrow.” Zane was looking at my eyes.

“Sure. Can you text me instead? I will write my number on your phone and you can write yours on mine.” Zane handed me his phone.

          Why is he looking at me like I am some kind of freak? Do I have something on my face? Is it my cloth? It probably is my cloth. I knew I should have worn the black skirt. The black skirt matches the leg warmers I am wearing. I should have listened to my gut.

“Okay well I will text you later.” Zane walked away slowly.

“Anne, what just happened? Were you just talking to Zane?” Scar pulled me toward her locker.