ArmandHeineHuman - "Red (Cast Upon #1)"

Name of Author: Armand Heine Human
Title of book: Red (Cast Upon #1)

Favorite authors: Gosh, I love so many. Amanda Hocking, Stephanie Meyer, Cassandra Clare, Addison Moore (she self-publishes), Kelly Anne Blount, Morgan Rice, Jack London and basically any author who writes fantasy and paranormal.

Bio: I live in South Africa, and write almost any type of story. I have only a slight interest in video games because my brother is a programmer (and my beta reader). I probably spend too much time watching Vampire Diaries and Walking Dead, but oh well. Growing up at first, I was quiet and shy. But now, I'm way too outgoing for my own good. Love dogs and cats. Love coffee and tea.

Red (Cast Upon #1)
http://w.tt/1Z5nHVh

What is your book about?
It's about a girl named Sandra who runs away from home after discovering a curse that forces a bond between her and a total stranger. Her brother, Luke, follows her and lives with her in the unknown city. But it's not that easy. A deadly and sinister vampire appears and threatens to take Sandra's cursed bond, Brad, away. In a panic, Sandra and her brother go back to their origins realising the outside world is filled with dangerous discoveries.

Who is your target audience?-Why?
Anyone who loves fictional worlds. I just want to provide a magical escape for all, no matter what your age or gender.

What is paranormal about your story?
Well, there are werewolves, vampires, spell-casters, curses, magic and mind-reading. Almost all the characters have a supernatural ability or state. And the main location is a magical forest where all the trees act as telliportation units.

Does it contain other genre elements? If so, which ones?-Why?
It contains a cocktail of fantasy, romance and paranormal. I feel like every story needs a romantic interest, and adding elements of fantasy smooths the overall read. (That sounds weird, but oh well).

How do you get your story idea to a Wattpad published story?

I start with listening to a song, then I envision a scene. Writing down the best description I can think of, I easily add characters and events (At first, anyway). Then I find a picture that looks like the main character and edit in the title of the book. Add a few tags, edit it a thousand times and publish! 

Did you encounter any challenges with writing? If so - how did you overcome them?
I turn to a pressure-free form of writing which I do not intend on publishing. Like fanfiction or clichés. They are easy to write, fun and they help me out of a slump. (Listening to music also helps to activate my imagination).

You often hear that 'writing well' is the baseline to success. What does that mean to you?

Writing a story that you believe is beautiful, and making sure it has a quality that people would want in print. Never publish a story you don't feel a connection with.