Chapter Seven: Understudies & Concert

Music blast throughout the practice room. It was a familiar toon of, 'Iiwaka Maybe.' The understudies were practicing with the successors. Sayuri and Chihara struggled in the back as Mitsuko and Yasuko were in the middle. 'This is very intense!' Mitsuko said, as they finished. They were then broken up in group according to who they were filling in for. "Have a little bounce in you steps, like your having fun." Asuka said to Mitsuko. "You sing fine and dance fine as well. But, you need to show your appreciation in steps." She stood up. "I'm sorry. I just have no talent. When I joined AKB0048, I never danced or sung in my life. So, I'm behind most of my generation." She apologized. "What are you talking about? You were put in Team A for a reason. Have more faith in yourself. Now, Let's practice some more."

After the second day of practice, Haruhi let them off early to relax. So, Chihara asked Mitsuko and Katsumi to go to her parents cafe again. There, her mom had bake fresh cookies for them.
"Mitsuko, do you not want some?" She asked. "Not before dinner. I learned at a early age not to do a lot of stuff." She said, drinking some tea. "You know. Your are the complete opposite of your mother." She laughed. She smiled, "I'm more like my father." Katsumi place her cup down. "That reminds me. What's your father like? You never talked about him." She asked. "My father?" She paused. "He's very strict. And a lot of people listens to him and respect him." She said. "What does he do?" "He's a official Leader." She lied. "Amazing!" Chihara said.
"Mitsuko, I have an important message for you." Chihara's mother said all of a sudden. She pulled up a hologram. "Here." It read new message. Touching it, the familiar face of her mother came up. "Mother!" She waved at Mitsuko. "My, My. Look at you! You grown so big." She said. "Mother, how are you-" She scratch her hair. "Well, Mariko, I mean, Haruka, got in contact with me a few days ago. So, you figured out I was a AKB0048 Member. How embarrassing. But, I heard your an understudy! Congratulations!" She smiled, "Thank you." "And don't worry. I'll be watching you live tomorrow, With Haruka's help" Then she stared to break up. "Your...Father... Watching...Shine..." She disappeared. "Sagittariusstar interfering." Katsumi smiled. "Wow, The former Center Nova will be watching us. I'm really nervous now."

The next day, Lines at the AKB Theatre were long. Mostly because every member of AKB was going to perform, not just a Team.
"I'm so excited!" Rin said, Putting on the White outfit for their song. "I'm so nervous!" Yasuko said as well. She, Mitsuko, Sayuri, and Chihara was wearing the yellow understudy outfit. "You girls will be great!" Katsumi said. "We will be watching from backstage."
"Understudies, Meet with the successors. Your going on." Haruhi said walking in. "Yes!" They said, running out to where the successors were. "Gather in everybody!" Love-Tan said, "AKB..." She said. "0048!"
They ran on the dark stage. Mitsuko stopped Midway once she saw them. The different color light stick filled the dark audience. 'So many...' She felt someone pull her. It was Yasuko. "Are you okay?" She mouthed. She nodded. Once the music started, The crowd yelled. If she could, she would of cover her ears.

Riding my bicycle (riding my bicycle)
Down that familiar road (down that familiar road)
Wiping off the sweat
From waiting in line
Feeling a September breeze

On our day off (on our day off)
If you can't make it (if you can't make it)
The things about you
Make sure you take care of yourself

The crowd was still yelling or cheering with the song. "Love-Tan!" Or "Paruru." They were completely different on stag than at practice. And there, among the fans, was Chihara's mother holding a camera. She was Chihara smiling brightly. Then she remembered, "I'll be watching you live tomorrow." She was probably going to send that video to her. She was in the center with Love-Tan as she smiled at her. 'That's right! All I need is to believe in myself. If Mom said I can shine, I can!'

I thought
We were just friends
But right now,
You,
I really miss you

As she sung, Yasuko noticed something different. Mitsuko was shining, and she couldn't catch up to her. Her and Love-Tan as Joint Position was creating a wonderful aura. Not only did she noticed, the successors were watching. The Kiraras started to flock all around them. Then, a little Kirara came from inside Mitsuko. It was shining a lavender color.

Maybe
Maybe
Maybe I like you
In the sky
There isn't a single cloud
Maybe
Maybe
Maybe I like you
It's how love is,
That much I know
But maybe that's an excuse

As the song ended, the crowd was yelling louder than before. But this time, they were yelling a different name. "Mitsuko!" Or "Mi-Chan!" The successors went backstage as the 85th came on stage. Mitsuko and Yasuko stood as Joint Center.

The shining stars in the night sky
Are millions of light years away
Even if deep despair
Gives rise to infinite blackness
The truth will live on
Entrusted to the river of time
That light's message
Who will receive it?

People are born
And people die
Our bodies perish
From the ashes
What is reborn
Is passion
For the next generation

Dreams are reincarnation
Over and over
Like déjà vu, a distant memory
Just like reincarnation
Now I'm again
Unconciously
Running off to somewhere
After how many tears will I give up?
After how many lives will my wish be granted?

Just as the successors, they were showing their gratitude towards the fans. "No way!" Haruka said, in the audience. The Kiraras came from no where, but them. Each of them had a Kiraras as it danced around them. "They are all shining." She said, "Just like Jurina that day."
As the song came to an end, everyone ram to the stage. "Thank you for coming" They said together. Just as Love-Tan was about to speak again, the lights went off. Behind them the screen shined s light pink.
"General Election D-Day 7"
"General Elections?!" Katsumi said, suprise. But the fans were cheering.
"It's finally getting interesting" Haruhi said, looking at the girls from the top row.
Yasuko looked at Mitsuko as the fans were cheering. She wasn't paying attention though. She was playing with her Lavender Kirara. "Let's see who will get a vote, Rival."

Chapter Done. Again Vote and Comment!