The Beginning of the Invasion

Start from the beginning

He shrugs. "She insisted I call her by her first name."

I nod and put my ipod in my pocket and I stand awkwardly. Why would he come in here and make my job all hard to do?! He knows he intimidates me! He looks me up and down and bites his lip.

"So.. what are you doing here?" I ask, hoping I dont sound like Im scooting him out. I mess with my fingers and he smiles a bit.

"Im here to see you. Why else would I be here?" He raises his eyebrow slightly.

I shrug and blush. "I thought you were busy." I look down.

"Not too busy to visit a beautiful girl."

I blush harder. "You give so many compliments."

"All of them well deserved."

I look up at him. "Thank you for coming, but... Im working."

He nods. "I know."

I look around. "Are you just going to watch me clean?"

He looks at the filter in my hand.

"You want me to help you?" He points to the filter. "I dont even know what that is."

I giggle. "Its the filter for the steam cleaner."

"Steam... cleaner..."

He thinks about it and goes into the kitchen and comes back with a broom.

"This is all you will get out of me darling."

I smile. "You dont have to help me. This is my job."

He shrugs and takes his fedora off. "Standing around will get boring after a while. I might as well pitch in."

"Thank you." I say simply.

I take the filter upstairs and I put it into the steam cleaner. I clean the other rooms faster than normal so I can get back to Michael. This is so weird, him being here, at my job. Its like he is a dream invading my real life. I think I like it... I go back down to see what he is doing. He is sitting at the kitchen table playing with a spoon. I smile a little bit.

"Gave up so easily?" I put my hands on my hips.

He looks up at me and smiles. "Cleaning isn't really my thing. Music is."

I nod and he plays with the spoon some more.

"How do you make such great music?" I ask, hoping he reveals his secret to me.

He looks up at me and chuckles. "That is like asking a person how they breathe so easily. It just happens."

Well, he is a natural-born talent. I scratch my head and he looks at me.

"Whats the problem?" He asks, concerned.

I shrug. "Im working."

"Yes. Ive noticed." He gets up. "That's why you have that hideous bandana on."

I smile a little.

He puts his hands up. "Don't let me stop you."

I pick up the broom and I look at him, still nervous.

He sighs. "What is it now?"

"I.. I just dont want to clean while you are watching me."

He leans forward. "Is it because I intimidate you?"

I look down and nod a bit, nervous. "But... also, because I dont want you to be bored."

He sits back in his chair. "I wont be bored. I like watching you."