Day Thirteen

"So... how are you doing?" Audrey leaped onto Scarlett's bed next to her.

"Oh... just fine." Scarlett sighed.

"Don't lie to me." Audrey shook her head. "You ran up to your room as soon as we got home, and hardly spoke since then."

"It's.... nothing really." Scarlett sighed. "Just...."

"You think I don't know you have a thing for Drake?" Audrey smirked. "You turn bright red whenever you're around him. I'm surprised the idiot hasn't figured out about it yet."

Scarlett blushed, and looked away.

"I'm sorry, did that have absolutely nothing to do with what's wrong?" Audrey asked, in a more gentle voice.

"No..." Scarlett murmured. "In fact, you got it point on."

"So tell the dude!" Audrey elbowed her. "It's better to tell him now then be tormented about it all season! It'll just ruin your time together eventually if the words go unspoken!"

"That's the thing... I... tried." Scarlett muttered. "Yesterday, when we were picking the tree.... and then..... he went off... with Luna."

"Ah." Audrey stopped awkwardly. "I see."

"I'm not blaming Luna, don't get that idea!" Scarlett waved her hands. "I know she knew Drake longer, and I'm sure if he were to choose, Luna's probably more appealing... attractive... and, here I am... a monstrosity of a person...."

"It's not looks that matter..." Audrey said, kinder than she has probably ever been before. "It's on the inside that matters. And I'm sure you're a very beautiful person on the inside."

Then she grinned.

"Not to say the outside isn't an extremely wonderful package!" She joked, making Scarlett smile.

"So... how is you and Herobrine going?" She poked Audrey teasingly.

"Wh-What?" Audrey blushed. "What do you mean by that?"

"Come oon... I just admitted my crush... you might as well admit yours!"

"I don't have a crush on him!" Audrey exclaimed. "I just think he's extremely awesome, and cool, and kinda hot- I mean."

"Alright, might as well spill the beans that he likes you too." Scarlett smirked. "He kinda messed up while talking to me yesterday."

"Uh.... Great- I mean..... Uh.... He said that?" Audrey fumbled.

"Yes, he did. Then he said something about school bells or something." Scarlett thought. "But that's not important. Why don't you tell him? I'm sure it would make him happy."

"My best interest is not making him happy." Audrey sniffed. "And I am certainly not going to tell him..... Yet." She added, just to get Scarlett off her back.

"Okay...." Scarlett sighed, getting up from her bed and starting to walk towards the door. "And.... Audrey?" She turned around at the door, and smiled.

"Thanks." Before running down the stairs.

Downstairs, it was pretty much chaos.

Brisk was busy on the ladder, trying to hang the star.

"You know, Brisk... I can just hang the star using my powers..." Herobrine grumbled.

"Yeah, but it's tradition!" Brisk called from the top of the ladder, trying to get close enough.

"Tradition to break your skull?" Herobrine raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I'm listening."

"Hey guys! Look who decided to join!" Luna called, as Scarlett entered the room.