Taking Care (Kai x Reader)

"Not again," Kai groaned as he sat down next to you on your sofa.

"I can't help it!" You protested, trying not to flinch at the pain. You'd decided to play a game of basketball with a few college students living nearby. Unfortunately, there was a pile-up halfway through the match, with you getting caught right in the middle. You had to call your boyfriend to drive you back home. This wasn't the first time, and it sure as hell wouldn't be the last.

"Okay, let's get started." Kai opened the First-Aid kit. "Where does it hurt the most?"

"My face," you mumbled. The basketball had hit your nose and lips pretty badly. "And my arm, and my ankle, and my-"

"Okay, okay, I get it. You need a full-body cast."

You started laughing, but hissed in pain two seconds later. Kai sighed and started treating your wounds.

Soon enough, you began feel really tired.

"Done!" Kai said triumphantly, bandaging the last of your injuries.

"Really? That-that's great," you yawned, resting your head on his shoulder. He smiled, and picked you up bridal-style. The last thing you could remember was being lowered on to the bed and Kai sitting next to you.

"Don't go yet," you said softly.

"I won't," he whispered, kissing the top of your head.

* * * *

When you woke up, the pain had reduced considerably. You could move your mouth around without too much trouble.

Kai wasn't there, unfortunately.

You sighed sadly and limped towards the kitchen, looking for something to eat.

On the dining table, there was a plate of food, covered in plastic wrap. A note was attached to it.

I made this for you after you fell asleep. Hope you don't mind me using your kitchen. Heat the food up before you eat it. I'll drop by later.

Love you!
-Kai ^_^

You smiled. Kai was such a sweetheart; he was always taking care of others and making them happy. He was so considerate and loving.

Maybe that's why you loved him as much as you did.