Murr 5

It had finally arrived - Christmas day! Even though it was just going to be you and James this year, you had everything you wanted. A quaint little apartment, a beautifully decked out tree, and the most loving boyfriend ever.

You both had set a rule for this Christmas - only one gift, and it had to be perfect for each other. You were fine with it considering you had the most perfect gift picked out, and you were pretty excited to see what he had gotten you.

"Baby! Wake up!" you excitedly whispered to your very sleepy boyfriend as you shook him gently to wake him up. "I'm up babe, don't worry." he said with a smile as he leaned down and kissed your forehead. "Come on!!!" you whisper-yelled as you rolled out of bed and grabbed his hand, walking out to your living room.

You both plopped down in front of the tree and he put his arm around your waist, pulling you close to him. You rested your head on his shoulder as he pulled your gift from under the tree. You carefully untied the ribbon, tore off the paper, and opened the box, revealing an oversized knit sweater.

"Oh my god, baby, it's beautiful-" you said, looking up at him with wide eyes and smiling. "I remember you had mentioned something about not having any nice sweaters, and when I saw this one I knew it was perfect." he said, pulling you even closer to him. You carefully put the sweater aside and grabbed his present from under the tree, pushing it over to him.

He unwrapped the present and opened the box, revealing a burgundy scarf you had crocheted yourself. "Oh my gosh, did you make this?" he said in awe. "Well, I know how often you wear scarves and I thought I'd add one more to your collection." you said with a smile, taking it from him and putting it on him the way you always see him put his on.

"I love it so much, baby, thank you." he said, looking at you with such adoration. "And I so love my new sweater, thank you baby-" you replied, matching his loving stare.

"Hey, look above us!" you said with a smirk. He looked up and, lo and behold, there was a mistletoe hanging from the ceiling directly above you two. "Oh, would you look at that..." he said smiling as he leaned down to kiss you with such passion and affection, almost taking your breath away. Once he pulled away, you snuggled more into his chest, making him lean back onto the floor so you two were cuddling in front of the tree.

"Merry Christmas, baby." you said, looking up at him and kissing him again. "Merry Christmas to you too, babe." he said, holding you against him tighter than before.

It was a very merry christmas, indeed.