Lost Love [On Hold]

Start from the beginning

Daniel ran outside, holding Abigail, with Alex right behind him. Kara could see the ambulances coming closer. They were coming fast... too fast, too close to Alex- oh, God!

"Alex!" Daniel yelled, shoving the baby at Kara.

"Oww... guys, what- dude, I can't hear my own voice... my legs hurt... am I even talking? I can't hear anything..." Alex rambled on.

"My husband, my babies... oh God, what did I do to you to deserve this?" Kara whispered, too low for anyone to hear.

"Mom, what happened?" Mary asked, trying to look around, but still seeing nothing."Is Alex okay?"

"Yes, honey, Alex is fine... he might have broken some bones, by the sound of it... and... he also can't hear anything right now," Kara reassured her daughter."

"Hey, I see your lips moving but no words are coming out... Mom, why can't I hear anything!?" Alex said, starting to panic. "Am I... I mean, I can't be..." he said as the paramedics reached him.

"My God, we hit the kid... we hit the damn kid, we got here to make sure he was okay and we hit him... we're going to be fired!" the Paramedics murmered as they lifted him away on a stretcher. They reached Mary next.

"Mom, who's touching me? Where are we going?" Mary said, looking around for her mother with blind eyes.

"We're going to the hospital now, because of the car accident," Kara said to her, not letting her sadness show in her voice. "The accident..." Kara looked over at the car, and more tears spilled over her face as she looked at Michael. "Oh, Michael... how could you leave so soon?" she whispered.

"Ma'am? Would you like to go in the ambulance with your daughters? Your sons will be arriving seperately," a woman said, as a man walked Stephanie into the ambulance Mary was now in.

"Oh... well, I don't know. My... my husband's children are inside, and I would like them to go to the hospital with me. I can't leave them alone... I'll just take them in a different... a different car," Kara said slowly.

"Husband?" the woman said, her eyes drifting to the car. "Oh. I understand. We should have them in the emergency room by the time you get there.

"Okay... okay... okay..." Kara repeated the word over and over as she carried Abigail inside, going up to the attic, where the sick children were resting.

"Hey, guys... we need to go to the hospital. Right now," Kara said in a hushed tone."

"What, are we really that sick?" said Dana, rolling her eyes to go with her sarcastic tone. She coughed and then sniffed, sighing as she sunk back into her pillow.

"Why are we going, Kara?" asked Dana's twin sister, Alison. Kara had always found it amazing that she'd married a man with twin daughters and two sons, while she'd had twin sons and two daughters.

"Because... there was an accident, and your step-siblings are being rushed to the hospital. It... we need to go," Kara sighed, walking to the boys' beds and shaking them awake.

"What is it, Kare-bear?" giggled Michael's son Teddy, apparently finding his new nickname for her hilarious.

"Hey, I was sleeping, night-Kare!" groaned Teddy's older brother Michael Jr.

"Guys, we have to go to the hospital right now, I'm sorry that we have to go when you're sick, but there was an accident and the other little monsters are in the hospital. So, up-up, let's go!" Kara said, practically bouncing with false enthusiasm.

"Ali, what do you think happened...? I wonder if Dad's okay?" Dana whispered to her sister as they got dressed.

"Maybe he got in a terrible car accident and died, leaving our poor stepmother to care for her nine children alone, and after two failed marriages with men, Kara goes lesbo, and marries a woman, and..." Alison trailed off in mid-sentence, noticing that Kara had started listening afterher "Kara goes lesbo" statement. "Uh... nevermind, it's nothing. It's not like Dad would really die, anyway," Alison said quickly, not noticing Kara sucking in a sharp breath.