Chapter Twelve - The Twelfth Hour

A/N: First of all, anyone who posts their story in the comments will get their comment deleted. This is not a place to advertise.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who is supporting the story. I greatly appreciate all of you. If you would like me to support your stories as well simply send me a private message.

I also want to make everyone aware that I know my story needs edited but I am a full time college student. This is my favorite hobby however the time to carefully edit when I am also dyslexic is difficult. If someone would like to be my editor I would be appreciative, if not, please stop reminding me of those errors. I am a dreamer and an endless horizon of imagination, not an English teacher unfortunately.

Lastly, I am a male and I realize Pandora is a female so don't let gender issues confuse you. Who I am and who Pandora is are two different people. If you have personal questions for me, once again that is a message for my page or private message. You guys are all amazing and I would like to get to know as many of you as possible. Enjoy the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twelve - The Twelfth Hour

"Liam, watch out!" Both Liam and myself ducked down as another laser shot in our direction. Pinned to the back wall of the laboratory, we frantically looked around for things to deflect the oncoming attacks.

"We need to get to the door! Once we are out in the hall we can disengage the attack unit and make our way back to the launch pad where we can head back to base."

I scrambled on the floor with all of the medical equipment and broken bottles of chemical. There was burning on my hands from the mixtures but that would have to wait until I could just reach the mirror just inches from my hand.

"We need to split up. You go to the left side of the room and I will grab the mirror to deflect the lasers," Another shot hit the wall just behind us. It caused a gaping hole to expose the examining room which was directly behind the lab, "and if I hit it at the right angle it will destroy the attack unit and..."

"It's too dangerous! We don't know what particles are powering the laser. It could shoot straight through that mirror and, "another shot knocked several more bottles onto the floor and caused a fire to start in a cabinet full of gauze and bandages, "kill you! I can't let that happen. Not after what you did for me."

"Liam," I smiled and shook my head, finally reaching the mirror, "you are so young, you have much to learn still."

He provided a most confused look before I stood and gazed straight into the robot's red eyes. It was rather skeleton looking with a firm, titanium build. The weapons with which it was jolting the lasers were things straight out of a movie or fiction novel. They were winding and twisted with bright green lights powering the green jolts which sped past us.

In one shot, the light came at me. The mirror was level with my chest, directly where the shot was headed. I took in a deep breath.

"I am far too old for this."

*

Twelve Hours Earlier

*