I ran until my legs hurt and my lungs burned then I dropped to my knees and panted for breath. I wasn’t even sure where I was at I just knew that home was the last place that I wanted to be. I sat on the curb catching my breath as I wiped at my eyes. I was too weak to be useful to Daddy-Ian too weak to give our true self what he wanted the most.

            “Ducky!” I heard the soft voice and I looked up to see Mischa running down the street towards me. She spotted me and slowed down panting for air. “Ducky are you okay?” she asked and my bottom lip quivered before I gave way to my tears. “Awww it’s ok. Hush now I’m here.” Mischa said pulling me against her.

            “Adults are stupid.” I hissed out through my tears as she held me rubbing my hair in the way that a mother should have done to be comfort to her child.

            “It’s okay. You’re mom a bitch. She just doesn’t understand how great you are.”

            “I hate them. I hate all of them.” I whispered. “I wish I never had to go back to that place.”

            “You can come stay with me if you want.” She said and I pulled away my tears drying up as I looked at Mischa.

            “Really. I don’t have to go home ever.”

            “Of course not you can stay at my house. But it will have to be our little secret. Can you keep a secret Ducky?” I only nodded as Mischa held my hand as I stood up.

            “You have to hold my hand because mommy said I’m too young to cross streets.” I told her she just smiled.

            “Don’t worry I’m not letting go.” She promised. Now I was torn. I knew all the other Ian’s wanted Mischa as well. But now I wanted her to myself. I wanted her to be my mommy. To be the mommy I never had. Maybe that could be the gift. Maybe I could give Daddy-Ian Mischa when he comes back. My smile grew with my thoughts. Daddy-Ian was going to be so proud of me.

?

    Giving up was not even an option. To think that I was about to quit when a little bunny came into the pit to remind me what it was that I needed to do. What I had to do. I had to get out of this hell. I had to get deeper in the mind so that King couldn’t push me in again. I had to remember who I was. Damn it was at the tip of my tongue. I needed to make it to my safe room. I needed to heal.

            With what felt like my last bit of strength I pulled myself out of the darkness and back into the light. For the second time in years I had freed myself. Only this time I wasn’t going back in. This time I was going to do what it was that I was made to do. Just as soon as I remembered what it was that I was made to do.

            I lied on my back clenching the bunny to my chest as I panted for air. Pain filled me. At this moment I was covered in so many cut and burses I felt as if pain was me. That somewhere down in the bottom of the pit I had become pain. I had become broken and shattered and torn.

            I couldn’t put my finger on it but I felt as if I wasn’t the same me as I had been before the pit. Before King. Before I knew that I didn’t have this burning desire to kill the other Ian’s I knew that I didn’t hold this hatred in my heart for King. And yet at the same time I felt no guilt over it either. The others would die. It was simple. I was going to purify the body. In my leave it was clear that the others had lost their way. I closed my eyes trying to make my brain work again. Trying to remember where it was that my safe room was again.

            I felt a cold blade to my throat and my eyes snapped opened as I saw a beast standing above me. A gun was in five of his hands and a sword in the last hand. The sword of course was the blade that was pressed against my throat. Even these things were roaming around free. Who unlocked the cages of the zoo I wondered.

            “I have been given the order to kill on sight.” The monster said and I closed my eyes again.

            “Then why am I still alive. Aren’t any of those eyes working?” I mocked him and he pressed the blade deeper the tip biting into me so that blood bubbled out. I barley felt the pain of it. As I saw I was one with pain at the moment. “You’re master isn’t going to be pleased to know I live.” I said. And I felt all of his gun point at me.

            I sighed because all I really wanted was rest. I was willing to ignore the other Ian’s  until I healed my wounds and yet King was so set on pissing me off he left this animal in my wait. Foolish little King I would have to reteach him. Or maybe teach him. No I was sure that I have cross blades with him before. I might not remember how but I was sure that I didn’t go in that pit willingly.

            I flipped up getting on my feet again and grabbing the arm that had the sword in it. I bent it back until he released his weapon and I caught it with my other hand. I smiled because true he had five guns and I had a sword back he was dead already. I took a step back and he fired all five of his guns at once. All five of them jamming and I laughed as I swung my sword cutting off one arm at a time. His blood covered me. The black goo he called blood mixed and stung as it got into my wounds but it was only a minor annoyance.

            He was doing on his knees having lost all six of his arms and I held my sword to his chest.

            “Last words?” I asked and he coughed spitting out blood from his mouth.

            “Mercy.” He begged and I laughed.

            “Sorry I don’t know the meaning of that word.” I said and shoved the sword inside of him. I frowned once he was dead and picked up the bunny that had saved me when I smelled something. I looked up to see two Ian’s standing in the room with me.

            They had come to welcome me back to the land of the living. They had come to grant me leave or to push me back into the pit. I could promise them now that I wasn’t going in the pit. Even if death was the only reward even death was better than the pit. Then the darkness the of the pit. The never ending darkness that was the pit and anything was better than having to climb out of it again.

            “Who are you?” one of them hissed out and I closed my eyes as I tried to remember.

            “Do you know who you are?” True-Ian had asked me. “Do you know why you are here?”

            “Yes.” I answered.

            “Then you understand why I hide you from the others.”

            “Yes.”

            “You are...” Ian whispered my name to me. I gasped as a rushed of mines came back to me and I looked my eyes set in what it was that I needed to do. I looked at the two Ian’s that was before me.

            “I am Shiki.” I answered and he frowned. Maybe he knew what my name meant.

            “Alright Shiki show us what you got.” The other said and they both rushed towards me. I kicked one of them away as if he was just a doll and with a swift move stabbed the sword through the other. He looked at me wide eyes as he felt the bite of my blade. I twisted it inside of his gut and he coughed up blood. His eyes went over to me and he reached out and touched my face.

            “Who…. Are…. You….?” he asked me.

            “I am Death.”