Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sasha looked around, it was nice. It was a new house built a couple of years ago she hadn’t seen it before. Only two other couples lived there before them and they kept the place nice. The hardwood floors looked brand new, the furniture was put in a couple of days ago, Pete had told them he had movers just stick some stuff in, the pale brown sofa set was nice she thought, it was all gather nice and boring. She placed the bags down and sat on the sofa, plane rides really took it out of her.

Nicholas walked in and did the same, placed the bags down and sat on the sofa once he shut the front door.

“So what now?” Sasha asked.

“We have to socialize with the town people.” Nicholas explained. “There’s some sort of dinner tonight to celebrate the opening of some new store, we have to go. Then Pete wants us to check in with him.” he finished.

Sasha sighed, she didn’t want to spend the night with the ‘town people’ she knew most of the same people still lived in Maple Oaks, that’s just great, she bitterly thought. “What time is this damn dinner?” She asked.

“In about two hours. Just enough time to unpack and get ready.” Nicholas said as he stood up. “Let’s take a look around.” he suggested.

“Yes, let’s.” They went up the stairs, the bathroom was at the end of the hallway and there was another one in the bedroom. The bedroom had two twin size beds, one on each side, the room was big enough for two people to share, probably why Pete picked it.

“You take that one.” Nicholas said as he sat on the edge of the bed on the right side.

“Barely married a couple of hours and already you’re bossing me around.” Sasha pointed out as she went to look at the other bathroom. Once she walked out, she said. “You can have the hallway bathroom, this one is mine, it has a tub.”

“Why? Are you a bath girl?” Nicholas asked.

“Actually, yes I am. It helps me to relax.” Sasha said while she looked around the room some more.

Nicholas regretted asking, he didn’t need to know that because now the image of her being naked and water all over her body clouded his mind.   They brought their bags upstairs and began to un-pack, filling the drawers and the closet with their clothes. It only took half hour to do and it was done in silence, noting to talk about. Once they were done, Sasha stared at the open closet.

“What?” Nicholas asked as he watched her.

“What kind of dinner is this? What the hell do I wear?” She said, thinking out loud, not really paying Nicholas any attention. She placed her hands on her hips and bit her bottom lip.

He thought she looked cute doing that, damn he needed to stop. Their kiss earlier affected him more then any kiss should have the right.  “Something fancy and sexy. Do you own anything like that?” he asked, if they kept snapping little comments at each other, the sexual tense he felt would fade like it had before. He hated that his body grew uncomfortably aware of her as a woman.

Sasha shot him an icy look. “I’m going to kick your ass before this day is out and you know I can.” she said as she grabbed her towel and everything else she needed to go take her shower.

Nicholas shook his head, there was no way she could kick his ass, that time she was talking about; he had let her. He grabbed his stuff and head for the hallway bathroom.

Nicholas showered and changed into a suit, what else? It was nothing new for him; he wore a suit to work. But Sasha dressing up, that was something to see, he actually couldn’t wait to see what she put on. He went to the living room and waited for her.