Zipline

When the group was told that the zip line was a partner activity everyone partnered up quickly leaving me without a buddy for it.
"Someone will have to go twice so Riley can have a go" Tom announced and looked around for volunteers none of the students offered to partner with me though Matt did seem to consider it he was going with Shakira.
"Would I be able to have a go with Riley?" Brian asked.
"Certainly, you two can be the last pair, after Shakira and Matt" Tom agreed.
As soon as Tom said that Brian could go with me Shakira glared at me obviously jealous.
"Shakira is death staring me" I laughed quietly to Brian as he came to my side.
"Obviously just jealous that you get to go with the handsome teacher" Brian grinned.
In front of us Shakira and Matt where arguing over nothing, they always bickered. I'm not even sure why they chose to partner up. Suddenly an idea hit me as Shakira was being secured into the safety harness. "Matt can't un-clip her mid-air or anything right? The way they're fighting I wouldn't doubt if he tried" I asked Tom.
"That isn't such a bad idea, I wonder if I could" Matt noted. Had a popular kid really just listened to what I said?
Shakira immediately grew shocked "Maybe it's best if They don't go together, could we swap?" I asked.
"AS IF I'M GOING WITH YOU!" Shakira refused.
"No, I meant swap Matt for Mr Raux. I'd be too tempted to un-clip you myself" I informed, glancing at Brian who now glared at me. I just smirked.
"Oh, could I?" Shakira questioned Tom.
"That sounds like the better idea" Tom agreed. "Matt and Brian, will you be ok with that?" Matt shrugged and came to stand by me Brian groaned but slowly walked to Shakira.
"My hero" Shakira gushed. Brian was secured into his harness and both were connected to the zip line. As soon as they stepped off the platform Shakira began to scream and cling to Brian causing them to crash land into the pile of sand at the other end.
"Looks as if I owe you one. Poor Mr Raux will be half deaf after that" Matt laughed.
"No problem, I was feeling nice" I smiled.
"Well thankyou anyway" He nodded.
We were both secured onto the zip line and we flew down the line laughing all the way and landing fine at the end.
"That was so fun" I said.
"Anyone want to go again?" Tom called down to us.
I just looked at Matt and he smiled in return "Hell yes" he answered.
As we were making our way to the platform once more we had to walk past Shakira and Brian. Shakira was begging to go once more, clearly just wanting an excuse to touch him again.
"What's the matter Mr Raux, are you scared?" I smirked.
"Huh? What was that? I can't hear you, I'm partially deaf now" He said.
"Don't be such a chicken, clearly Shakira' wants to go again" I said.
"I'll go again but with you" Brian stated "Swap with me?" He begged Matt.
Matt shook his head "No can do, Riley's my buddy now".
Brian looked at me and I just shrugged, he gave a defeated sigh "Fine, just one more time" He said to Shakira.
Shakira hugged him which made Matt, Brian and I all roll our eyes.
"Why're you being so nice to Shakira? She's so cruel to you and your friends" Matt said.
"Just a side effect of giving Mr Raux payback for a prank he pulled on us last week. I saw the opportunity so I took it" I shrugged.
"Must have been a pretty bad prank for him to deserve this" Matt laughed.
"Maybe a second go is a bit overboard" I admitted.
Again Shakira screamed and clung to Brian the whole way down but they did land better. Matt and I had a few more goes after that but after our 4th we decided it was enough and Matt went to join his friends.
Brian made his way to me "You win, that was the worst punishment I've ever endured" He said.
"We'll call it payback with insurance, you can spill another drink on me without me having to pay you back" I vowed.
"Just one?"
"Maybe two depending on what the drink is" I compromised.
"Deal, but I never want to go through that again. I was tempted to un-clip her myself" Brian laughed.