Chapter Seven

Random Note: Just incase anyone was wondering, so far the storyline has spanned over a total course of 8 days so far. This chapter itself will span over 3 days. Kaname's POV will feature in this chapter.

Kaname
Not for the first time, I was glad that I had a sofa in my room. This way I could have someone in my room, but not be forced to use my bed as a sitting space. With me was Takuma. Normally I would send him to class with everyone, but I needed to speak with him. This was probably one of the few opportunities that I would have.

Takuma was the only one that I truly trusted out of the group, besides Seiren, but she was already aware of everything that was going on. After all she is my shadow. She never truly leaves me alone; she is always watching, ready to appear at the first site of trouble.

But I felt that another Night Class should know about the arrival of Shizuka Hio. And Takuma was my choice. Now we both sat on my couch, moreso making smalltalk. Finally I decide that it's time to get this show on the road.

"Hanabusa has been acting strange. Maybe you should check on him?" Takuma was suggesting, unaware of the vital information that he was about to recieve. "Perhaps I will, but there is something that I wanted to talk to you about." As I say this, his easygoing smile vanishes and he becomes serious.

"What is it?" He asks.

As always, I am grateful that Takuma is do attentive and understands how much I trust him. He knows that when I say something us serious, it truly is since I normally act dismissive of most things. I make a mental note to repay Takuma somehow, then begin to fill him in:

"I am no longer the only pureblood on campus. That girl who has joined the Night Class-Maria Kurenai, is hosting Shizuka Hio."

I pause to let this register. Takuma nods, smiling ruefully. "I guessed that something like that might be going on, especially when Hanabusa made her angry. I was a little worried that he was going to become her snack."

I can't help but smile and nod in agreement. "Oh, he nearly did. Lady Shizuka admitted it to me shortly after. But anyway, she is at Cross Academy due to her need for protection. As a pureblood, she can be afforded that protection, and... I owe her a favor." At the mention of a favor I see curiosity blossom in Takuma's eyes, but he doesn't ask and as of now, I don't tell.

Instead he says, "Yes I suppose she would be. But that could also make it quite dangerous for us as well. And that's why you're telling me, isn't it? Are you worried that something could happen?" He inquired of me.

I gave a nod. "Yes. I am quite worried. Plenty could go wrong. To name a few things; For one, Mr. Cross could get into some trouble for knowingly housing a wanted vampire, even one of pureblood status. Or due to her status, she is to be protected, which could result in the injury or death of you or any of the other Night Class students."

"And of course Zero." Takuma adds, grinning a little. My heart skips a beat at the mention of Zero. Only Takuma and Seiren know of my feelings for him. After a moment I nod in agreement. A silence comes over us. My mind was on Zero now. The last time I'd seen my purple-eyed crush had been about two days ago. He'd been on Guardian duty and had been patrolling. I recall that I may have made a few jokes regarding the fact that he was blushing fiercely.

I'm quite sure that even without me saying it directly, the entire Night Class was aware that I had feelings for Zero. Takuma and Seiren were pretty supportive, as were Rima and Senri. Hanabusa and Ruka, I knew they weren't too thrilled. As for Akatsuki, I was well aware that he was okay with whoever I chose, but would probably prefer me to acknowledge Hanabusa.