Chapter 11-New GF

Back to

Evelyn's POV

Sitting at the kitchen counter with the cup of extra sugared coffee, I still couldn't concentrate because of Adam. His thoughts kept on invading my mind.

Taking a sip of the hot coffee,I looked at the coffee mug thinking about this morning with Adam and that brain wrecking kiss he gave me. I know, it was just a peck on the CHEEK ,but it was successful on wrecking my brain until it stopped functioning properly. Just a peck on my cheek deteriorated my condition,What would happen if he kissed me like real?

When he drew closer to me,I felt my heartbeat so hard and loud I feared that he might have heard it and if he did, he might get the wrong idea of me being attracted to him.

Hey,that isnt the wrong idea,you're attracted to me.

Oh,shut up Eve.

I felt his lips on my cheek.Even if it was a peck,my insides were crushed and my inner fan girl started squealing.However,I did everything he asked me to do.I cleaned every nooks and corners of the house,trying to get myself as distracted as possible.But it didn't help,those indecent thoughts kept spinning on my head.

Now that I had nothing to do,I kept myself busy with the hot brew.When I was done,I headed to my bedroom. I retrieved a framed picture from the duffel bag,situated inside the closet and traced it with my hand.Nathan had kissed my forehead on that picture,it was rather a stolen shot. My bestfriend, Paisley snapped it.I don't think I still have a right to call her my bestfriend. I was flooded with memories.Looking at the picture for a moment I placed it on the night stand.

Gee, bad memories.
I have to get some fresh air.
Getting off the bed,I decided to wander around the city. I changed into a white floral skirt with loose wrap around light blue tank top, tied with the wedge heel. I had nothing to wear, I know even if we girls have a room sized closet full of clothes we never have anything to wear.But I had nothing to wear actually, I had no time to pack enough clothes, as I was in a flee mission that moment.Glad I pocketed enough wads of cash. This clothes scarcity had to end, so I finalised that I would go shopping. Hell, I needed a phone also, I couldn't risk carrying my old phone with me.So,I left it.

Hurrying my steps towards the door,I went to the kitchen to see if I needed some groceries.I stopped breathing when I heard someone murmuring in the kitchen.Who could it be? Adam didn't show up until evening.

Oh my god,its a thief. I started panicking. "Deep breaths Eve." I grabbed a metal baseball bat from the laundry room, I didn't know why it was there in the first place. Anyway, it became handy.

"May be,she is in her room...Got it...Bye Hughes."

To my surprise, it was Callum talking on the phone. I breathed out a sigh of relief, smiling meekly at him.What was he doing here? He should be in the office by the way.

"A baseball bat?" He looked at me questionably,eyeing the metal bat.

"I thought a thief broke into the house." I said sheepishly,hiding the bat behind the counter away from his gaze. "Me? A thief?" He tilted his head. "No, umm Nevermind. What are you doing here?" I asked trying to change the topic.