Time.

Jungkook held Taehyung's hand as they looked up at the giant screen in front of them.
"57 minutes and 34 seconds," Taehyung muttered.
"And then it's over," Jungkook whispered.
The government had placed these screens on every skyscraper in every city, just to remind people that they had next to no time left before the world was finally destroyed.
Taehyung closed his eyes and pulled Jungkook into a hug. "We have less than an hour, and we're going to make the most of it, okay?"
Jungkook nodded, his nose rubbing against Taehyung's neck.
"So, should we go explore? Eat at that fancy hotel? Take selfies? Rob a bank? All of the above?"
Jungkook giggled and squeezed his boyfriend's hand.
"Let's just walk," he said.
Taehyung smiled and they began to walk, swinging their arms.
"Hey, Kookie," he started.
Jungkook hummed in response.
"You know, I don't think I've ever felt the need to tell you this before, but now that we're here, and we don't have a lot of time, I should probably say it at least once."
Jungkook stopped walking, a small smile on his lips, and turned to face him. "Okay."
Taehyung grinned and put one arm around Jungkook's waist. "Let's go to the roof garden first, and I'll tell you there."
They walked to the building opposite them and then took the lift up to the roof. Jungkook brightened up at the sight of the garden. Taehyung had first met him here, when he first started getting interested in photography. He always used to come up here to take photos of the beautiful flowers, and sometimes he'd even stay to see the sunset.
He sat down on a small wooden bench surrounded by roses, and pulled Taehyung down to sit next to him. He loved the fact that this garden was always quiet, the walls blocking out all sound, no matter how loud the people below it. "Hey," Taehyung said, resting his head on the younger's shoulder. "Let me tell you something."
Jungkook moved down and kissed his forehead. "Go for it."
"Well, I hope that you already know this, but I'm in love with you."
Jungkook chuckled and looked down at him. "I should hope so," he replied, "considering that I'm hopelessly in love with you."
Taehyung moved so that his head was lying in Jungkook's lap, and looked up at him.
"Even from this angle, you're still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."
Jungkook flushed. "Shut up," he mumbled.
"But honestly, I want to say thank you for being the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I don't know what I would've done without you."
Jungkook moved Taehyung's fringe away from his face with his thumb.
"I could say the same for you, Tae, for making the last few years of my life better than I could have ever imagined, and for being the most beautiful, thoughtful, kind, sweet person to exist."
Taehyung reached for his hand and held on to it tightly. "This is sounding too much like goodbye for my liking, it's not as if we're ever going to leave each other, right?"
Jungkook squeezed his hand. "Of course not," he said, looking into his eyes. He didn't look away for a few moments, smiling slightly.
Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "What?"
"I can't think of a single person I'd rather spend this time with," Jungkook whispered.
He leant down and gently kissed him. When he moved back up, Taehyung's ears were pink and he was holding Jungkook's hand much tighter than before.
"I love you," he said, closing his eyes.
"I love you too," Jungkook replied, shuffling so that he was lying next to Taehyung. He wrapped his arms around him and put his head in the crook of his neck. "Hey," Taehyung whispered. "Will you marry me?"
Jungkook snorted. "Sure, idiot."
"Let's get married tomorrow," he mumbled into Jungkook's shoulder.
He looked up at the sky, the dark patches in the clouds growing bigger and bigger.
"Yeah," he said quietly. "Let's get married tomorrow."
Taehyung pulled him closer and wrapped his arms and legs around him. "Promise that you'll stay with me," he murmured.
"I promise," he breathed.
They closed their eyes, and Jungkook buried his face in Taehyung's shoulder.
"I love you."
"I love you too."

And then the sky turned black.