Epilogue

Chapter 27

Nova Rijn

A dark silence fell over the room. No one spoke up, and I wasn't planning on being the first to do so.

"We have come here to solve the problem between this pack and Alpha James' Pack." Filius said. Everyone looked at him in surprise for breaking the silence so quickly.

"You have come to what?" Alpha Jeffrey burst out laughing and Sean also seemed to find it funny and joined his father.

"I don't see how this is funny, gentlemen. We are being very serious." Filius said warily, without blinking.

"You are being serious?" Sean stopped laughing and looked at Filius in surprise. Filius nodded and kept his face blank. It was completely unreadable.

"We have come to talk this through, since a war will spill a lot of blood." I softly spoke up.

Jeffrey also stopped laughing and looked from me to Filius and back again. I smiled at Alpha Jeffrey and decided it would be best to just keep talking so he wouldn't have a chance to twist my words or interrupt me.

"I was hoping that I could talk about this issue with Alpha Sean, since he will be the Alpha soon and he'll have to live with the consequences of these choices."

Jeffrey seemed to doubt, but then agreed.

"Okay then."

"Alpha Sean," I started, keeping my voice even and neutral. I didn't want him to hear the hate I felt for him. "What you have done to Bibi is unacceptable and you will be punished. The punishment will be decided by Mel."

Sean raised his eyebrows in question by hearing the name 'Mel'.

"The Moon Goddess, my mother." Filius sighed in annoyance and rolled his eyes.

Sean's mouth formed an 'o' and I took it as a signal to keep talking.

"Only Mel knows what punishment you shall receive. She did tell me that it will be taken into notion if you apologize and call of this futile war."

Sean rolled his eyes and looked at his father with a boring expression. Jeffrey just shrugged, saying that it was Sean's problem to solve.

"And what's in it for me? I will get punished no matter what."

Mel

I sighed and shook my head at the dumb words of the soon to be Alpha. I didn't understand how he could even call himself an Alpha. I was sure it had to be the work of my husband.

I took care of the matings, while Pater took care of the pack life and functions within the pack. Sometimes, I didn't understand his choices. Did boy didn't deserve to become an Alpha, not after everything he'd done and the sorrow he'd caused.

But change would come, if he agreed to Nova's deal. If he agreed to it, he would lose his mate, someone he didn't deserve in my eyes. And that meant a lot, seeing that I generally believed everyone deserved a soul mate. But what he had done wasn't okay and it never would be.

It would be inhuman of me to give him a mate.

If he didn't accept the deal he would lose his mate and his pack. He would have to live life as a rogue, and I would make damn sure it wouldn't be an easy life.

I brought my attention back to the conversation and watched how Luna Nova explained him the plan. The pain in his eyes was visible then she talked about him losing his mate.

For every decision, there are consequences.

"So, that will it be, Alpha Sean?"

Alpha Sean looked back and forth between Filius and Luna Nova. He then spoke the words I never, ever expected someone on this planet to say.

"Deal."

To be continued --> The Bruised Mate | English Version