Harry Styles Imagine

Harry was my only friend, and I know that sounds unbelievably sad but it's true. I had never been good at making friends, but Harry was something different. 

I met him on the first day of high school and ever since then we just spent ever minute of every day together. We were like one person, it wasn't like it was two of us. Me and Harry were closer than anyone but then it happened. It just happened out of the blue, no signs.

Harry wasn't in school one morning because he had a cold for the last few weeks and it still wasn't getting better. I was quite worried about him, every night I'd get awaken by Harry coughing and crying out in pain. 

We practially lived together, I had my own bed in his room and he had one in mine and every night we'd take it in turns at staying over at each others houses. It sounds stupid I know, but we were such good friends. 

We couldn't stay away from each other.

Harry didn't come into school for the rest of the day, so when the school day finally ended I walked round to his house and knocked on the door but there was no answer. I was so upset. 

Where was Harry? And why hadn't he told me where he was? 

I walked with my head down back to my house and walked in. My mum was standing in the kitchen and she was smiling sympathetically at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked. She shook her head at me.

"Nothing, have a good day at school?" she said. I flung my school bag off my shoulder and onto the living room floor and started walking over to the story.

"No, it was awful! Harry wasn't there all day, do you know where he was?" I asked looking up at her as he stroked my hair. She never usually did this, was there something wrong? She shook her head at me again.

"Perhaps you should give him a ring?" she said as she turned and walked into the kitchen.

"O-okay!" I shouted after her. I picked up my bag off the floor and fished into it for my mobile. I flipped it open and scrolled down my contacts for Harry's number. I hit dial and then held the phone up to my ear. It seemed to ring for ages, and then someone finally answered.

"Hello?" It was Harry's mum.

"Hey Anne, it's me, is Harry alright? I've been worried about him all day," I asked. There was some sobs on the other end of the phone. "Anne? What's happened?"

"I, erm, I think I should let Harry talk to you," she whispered as her voice broke. There was a lot of shuffling around on the other end of the phone.

"Hi," came a small voice on the other end of the phone.

"Harry what's happened? Please tell me, I've been so worried all day," I said as my heart suddenly started pounding like mad.

"It wasn't just a cold, it was cancer, I've got cancer," he whispered as he broke down in tears. The words jumped around my head. Cancer? My best friend had cancer. A tear rolled down my cheek as I heard Harry's sobs on the other end of the phone.

"Harry, Harry I'm so sorry," was all I could manage to whisper.

Suddenly the sobs stopped.

"It's not your fault, none of it was fault, it was mine," he wept.

"Harry how is it your fault?" I whispered.

"Well it's no-one else's fault is it? So it must be mine," he told me.

"Harry that is the stupidest thing you've ever said, and you've said a lot of stupid things, how could it possibly be your fault? You've done nothing wrong. Sometimes life is just cruel, you'll be fine though. I know you will," I told him trying to reassure him, but it didn't seem to be working.