Prologue [PART I]

Pictures are Colleen (Dima Sedgwick)

~x~

From: Grandma Nina

Hello, dear.

You had asked me a question about werewolves' bonding a few days ago. It's pretty complicated honestly, but since you're a clever little child, I hope it didn't mess with your mind at all. Okay, now, let's get started.

Werewolves have two types. One is a dominant mate, and another one is a submissive mate. Though so, dominant wolves don't literally mean that they have to be a male and vice versa. In some rare cases, both dominant and submissive partners may be both have the same gender which means, in werewolves' mating, homosexuality is perfectly acceptable.

Dominant wolves are usually a lot older and stronger than the submissive wolves. And to add more ability to it, dominant wolves also can always feel the vague feelings when he or she is around their submissive partners. However, he or she will not know who they are until the submissive partner reaches their nineteenth birthday-which is considered as a perfect beginning age of adulthood for young werewolves. At this time, the submissive mate shall be marked by the dominant partner-or else-their bonds will be terminated and they will die.

Also, ability to telepathically connected and healing themselves will be greater if werewolves were mated, but growing an affection towards each other naturally every day is not possible unless they show it themselves by always taking cares of each other, loving and make love with full of passion.

Broken-hearted werewolves can't feel their partner's feelings as their telepathy will also become weak. Though so, albeit they are impossibly inseparable, it is also possible for mated werewolves to get into a fight and hate each other. In this case, it's either they have to live with hatred towards each other and make an effort to get well living together, or, they can be separated, but they will not live long and they will die in such a painful way-as their bodies will also be abandoned by their pack-since, being dead because you have neglected your wolves' bonds are actually the most shameful and dishonorable thing to commit in werewolves' community.

Dominant and submissive mates are also equal to a breeder and a carrier. A submissive partner can get pregnant with their dominant partner regardless what gender they are. Males or females. Submissive male will give birth through complicated surgery which usually takes about six hours or more. And also, unlike women, a 'mother' submissive male has to let the hospital to take care of their puppies since they can't breastfeed them for at least four months. It's really something, honestly, and at this time, it's normal for any male 'mothers' to be in some kind of depressed state because of the fact that they are probably missing their babies, but, you don't have to worry, honey. Everything will be just fine.

And, this shall be the end of this letter. I have a really fun time writing this to you, dear, and also, if you want to know more about stuff like this, just send me a letter, okay? I don't mind answering them all for you. You are a great boy-beautiful out and inside. Someone will be so lucky to have you as his or her mate, and no, I'm not saying this just because I am your grandma. I'm being honest, and you shall know how beautiful you are as a person.

Well, until then. I miss you, dear, and please send my regards to your parents and siblings.

With love,

Grandma Nina.