Chapter 18

Lex POV

11:06 pm.

Did this woman want to give me a heart attack!? She wasn't answering my calls or texts. I was going nuts with worry. If she didn't come by midnight I'd go out myself and find her!

I paced back and forth in the living room when I heard the keys rustle in the front door. My heart skipped a beat and I felt like I could finally breathe.

But fire enraged me when I saw who was coming in.

Aiden Gold carrying Rachel in his arms and her keys in his hands.

"What the hell did you do to her!?" I growled as I marched up to her.

"Where is her room?" He asked ignoring me completely.

I grabbed his collar, "What is wrong with her you bastard!" I growled again.

He shoved his shoulder away and looked at me with disgust. "She's sleeping you idiot. And if I did anything to her, why would I have the decency to being her back?" He said annoyed.

I clenched my first, pissed off he kind of made sense. Reluctantly, I nodded my head towards Rachel's room and followed him as he put her into bed. I shoved him to the side once I saw she was settled and muttered, "I got this. You can go."

"You're a real piece of work, you know that!? You're fucking engaged to my sister. If you hurt her I swear-"

"Hurt who? Your sister? I'm sorry, but this engagement is a sham and some stupid ploy from my mother. The only person I care about is-" I stopped myself. I still hadn't admitted my feelings about Rachel to anybody, and the last person I'd do it to was this jerk.

He squinted his eyes at me. "I like her." he admitted. Obviously talking about Rachel.

"I could care less." I growled.

"You should. Because when I want something, I get it." He threatened. He took one last look at Rachel and stormed out.

My whole life I haven't been afraid of anything. But what was this feeling in the pit of my stomach? Was I scared of losing her?

________________________

"where am I?" Rachel mumbled as she sat up. I shuffled from my chair. I slept in the same room scared if I lost sight of Rachel, she'd disappear.

Did Aiden's threat actually scare me?

"What are you doing in here?" She yawned, oblivious to the heart attack I nearly had when she wasn't coming home.

"Keeping guard of the princess." I yawned.

She snickered, "Oh geez, when did you become so cheesy?"

"Darling, I've always been this cheesy. What do you want for breakfast?"

"more sleep." She said as she collapsed into her bed.

"that's interesting, I wanted the same." I said as I went under the covers with her and wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggled into her shoulder.

She squealed, "what do you think you're doing!!"

"SleEPIng" I mumbled into her shoulder.

"Are you crazy! Let go of me" She protested, but I gripped her a little tighter.

"five more minutes" I mumbled again, feeling comfortable.

She started to push my arm off, but her tiny arms couldn't match against mines. I wasn't even holding her with much strength and she couldn't push me off.