Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Six

I finished watching the football game from beside the bleachers. Even if Taylor didn't need me there, I needed to be there. Our team lost by several points, but I knew there was going to be an after-party anyway. It was a tradition. Of course, it was Sabrina Jamison who would be going with Taylor this time, not me. The crowd dispersed and I followed everyone out to the parking lot. Luckily, my house wasn't too far from school and I could walk.

"Hi there," someone said from beside me.

I turned to see who was talking to me and raised my eyebrows. He was the most gorgeous man I had ever laid eyes on. I tried my best not to gawk as I stood in front of him awkwardly, instantly self-conscious about every single thing possible.

"Hi," I replied, unable to peel my eyes away from him. "You don't go to this school..." I glanced over his face. There was no way he could be a parent, he was much too young, but he was also too old to be a student. When I realized I had said that out loud I blushed. It was a stupidly obvious statement.

He laughed. "My brother is on the team and I told him I'd watch a game."

"In a suit?"

The man grinned. "I came from a meeting."

"I've never seen you at a game before..." And I'd definitely remember those brilliant blue eyes.

"No, I just moved back here. I'm Will Carson."

"Luke Peterson," I replied, taking his proffered hand. My mind flashed back to Taylor arguing about me with his teammate, Tom Carson, in the locker room. So, this was his brother.

"You headed to the after party?"

"Oh, um...no, I don't think so."

"You should. I'm actually heading there myself. Tom doesn't know I came, and I want to surprise him."

"Shouldn't you be discouraging me from partying?"

He shrugged. "Would you listen?"

"Probably not."

He chuckled. "I was hoping to find someone who could navigate me to the party. I thought maybe you were going there."

"Well..." I paused in thought. Did I want to walk home or guide this gorgeous man to the party? "Sure, I can help you get to the party."

He grinned then led me to a cobalt blue sports car; I paused in surprise. "This is your car?"

He unlocked the door and nodded. "You like it?"

There was no doubt it was an expensive car, but it wasn't something I would ever drive. It was too flashy for my taste. "It's nice."

Will's head tilted back as he laughed. "Uh oh."

"What?"

"You're one of those people."

"What do you mean?"

"Hard to impress." He gestured for me to get in the car and I did.

"I'm not hard to impress, I just don't get impressed by money."

"I like that."

When we got to the party, I followed Will into the house, my eyes automatically scanning the area for Taylor—this had become a habit for me over the years.

"Will?" We both turned around to face Tom. "What the hell are you doing here?" His eyes flicked to me and narrowed. "And with him?"

"Is that any way to greet your dear brother? You're the one who invited me to your game." He smiled innocently and I furrowed my eyebrows.

icon lock

Show your support for Ellie Rae, and continue reading this story

by Ellie Rae
@MsEllieRae
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 33 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @MsEllieRae.