☁ 14

It was Saturday before I knew it and I was beyond happy to finally be able to talk to my little sister. She had called me on Friday night, telling me how stoked she was to see me. Around the house, our step-siblings were giving her a hard time so she really needed to vent to someone other than our robot of a father. My father wasn't a horrible father or anything. He was loving and he had a good heart, but he was terrible at consoling people with their problems. Whenever I went to him with something that troubled me, he always just listened and gave me short-lived responses rather than giving the advice that I wanted.

I wasn't the only one who was excited to have visitors today. The girls wouldn't shut their mouths about everyone that was going to come and see them, even Channing. Her best friend was coming over who she hadn't seen since she had been here. When her and I did talk, he was like the only thing we talked about the past few days. The kiss and me laying in her bed was unspoken of, almost like it never happened. There was no negative vibe between us. We still flirted as if we were high schoolers but nothing ever came out of it. I think she didn't want to make things even more awkward than they already were.

Channing did, although, suggest that I meet her best friend which I think was a step further. Usually someone didn't introduce anyone to their friends unless that person was close to them in some kind of way, whether it was just friendly or romantic. So, in a way, her asking me to meet Cullen was a huge step forward. Although, I was most likely overanalyzing the whole thing. To be honest, Channing had my nose wide open for her. Everything she did just made me smile and I had never had such strong feelings for someone ever. It was a whole new feeling that I didn't know how to contain or go about.

"What are you thinking about, loser," a voice asked from behind me. I jumped back, startled from the sudden closeness of the individual. They were breathing right down my neck, and by the way their wintermint breath made my spine shiver, I knew it was Channing. I took a deep breath and turned around to face her. That gorgeous smile appeared on her face as she stared at me with her mesmerizing blue eyes glistening.

"Nothing," I replied back to her simply before tucking my bottom lip between my teeth.

She arched up an eyebrow in response. "So, I take it as you was thinking about me naked giving you a lap dance."

"Yeah, that's definitely what I was thinking about," I responded sarcastically.

Channing looked around the room with a slight smirk on her face. We were in the living room and everyone was sitting around with their guests who had come to see them. Neither Channing nor I's guests had showed up yet. We were the last ones, waiting impatiently like little children. "I think your daddy ditched you," she teased me. I gave her the middle finger and just as I did, the doorbell rang. We both looked towards the door and then at each other, before running childishly towards the door.

I was about to open it but the gorgeous girl scooted right in front of me and opened the door with a huge grin on her face. Her grin faded although when she saw who was at the door. That's when I pushed her out of the way and tackled my little sister with the tightest hug imaginable. She giggled as she held me just as tight as my father stood there beside us gawkily. "You guys are late," I yelled at them both when I pulled away from the hug. After hugging my sister, I gave my father a hug as well. "Wow, you're getting fat."

He tried to keep a straight face but he ended up chuckling deeply. "Whatever, kid. You can't really talk yourself." My father tried to poke my stomach but I swatted his hand away with a giggle. That's when I heard Channing clear her throat from behind me. I turned to face her as she looked at me expectantly. Wait, did she want to meet my father and sister? I guess it was only right since I was going to end up meeting her best friend later.