Chapter 112

She had been sent home with strict instructions, rest and do not get overly excited. Sandra sighed and laid on the sofa, lifting her legs and placing a pillow beneath her knees as the nurse had shown her. She smiled when she recalled the nurse's curiosity at the bone bracelet.

"Where did you get that? It gives me the creeps!" asked the young nurse with a grimace.

"My partner bought it for me," Sandra had responded.

"I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. You are ok with wearing bones on your wrist?"

Sandra realised that the gift was quirky but loved it because he had given it to her.

"There are messages engraved on the pieces. I am sure it is wood or plastic of sorts. Surely you can't buy real bone?"

The young nurse shivered and took a closer look. 

"It has Morse code messages engraved into the pieces! The bone looks like it belongs to a primate. Probably illegal apes or something?" asked the nurse.

Sandra shrugged and replied, "I doubt it. He bought it here somewhere and every now and then brings me a new charm to add to my collection. There are no monkeys here."

Unconvinced, the young nurse moved away and said, "Whatever it is, it really gives me the heebie-jeebies. I have a bit of psychic abilities I am told and can get vibes from certain people and things. That gives me a whole lot of bad vibes!"

Not wanting to offend the nurse but offended herself, Sandra gritted, "Each to their own. I don't believe in all that mumbo jumbo and love my gift."

Looking at her bracelet now that she was home, she could understand why the young nurse disliked it. Heck, she would probably have reacted the same way had it not held such emotional ties to her beloved. 

On her way home, he had called to say that he was staying the night at his aunt's as she was unwell but that he would be with her tomorrow.

Her heart had raced and skipped a beat. She had waited this long, what did it matter if she waited another day?