Bomb on the Deck

BANG! BANG!

"LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!"

BANGABANGABANGABANGA!!!!!

Firing. Why on Earth are they shooting at the door? It's not even open! This base has a terrible defense squad, yet the structure's strength is amazing. The door does not have a single dent, or even scratch on it. So why are they shooting?

One of the "infects" shouts "Yo dude shut up your gun thing it ain't workin'!!!!"

The defense squad stops shooting, which I realize was a mistake. The door miraculously falls of it's hinges for no apparent reason. The Infects get a half-second head start before the shooting resumes.

BANGABANGABANGABANGA

"This is all for you, darling..."

BANGABANGABANGABANGA

"For you..."

No visible infects remain. We'll be safe as soon as someone fixes the door.

"Word's spread of world war poop. I'm not on your side." says an Infect who was previously hiding. He points an imaginary gun at me and makes "gas" noises. He then charges, yelling, "Ollie ollie ollie ollie!!!!!!" BANG. A gaping hole appears in the man's chest, and he falls to the ground.

"Ya!!!!" yells a woman, as she jumps from a tree and collapses. The others have more luck. What seems like two hundred jump from various trees and charge at the door. "For you!" they yell, spontaneously. The mob files through the door before anyone can react, and have already piled over the gunmen, who are surely dead. The Infects then look up, and take a peek at their surroundings. Their eyes are so empty, their pupils so eaten away at. I run for the brick wall, studded with rifles. The mob of Infects hasn't moved yet. I sling a rifle over my shoulder, and run towards the mob.

BANG. BANG. BANG. One out of three shots is all that finds it's mark before I am tackled. Not by the still infects, but by some unrecognized man. He whispers in my ear "No." Before running to the mob and jumping within it's ranks.

Minutes of silence and stillness pass. After an eternity, the man that had jumped in the infect pile yells "It's alright!". The man jumps out, and as soon as he does, the mob files back out the door. "Just wanted to tell me a secret." says the man, looking scared.

"You'd be infected, now." I say, trying to regain my feet.

"Risked my life for this fort, yeah."

BANG! I can't believe the sound came from my rifle. The man is lying mangled on the ground. I should have never learned to be such a good shot.

"Don't wanna know any of his dang secrets, do we?" I ask, in a imitative tone. No one seems bothered by the fact that I just killed a hero. He was infected, but a hero. Killing him was probably doing him a favor. Whatever that secret was, it was probably really freaky.
  I stand puzzled as the man gets up and walks towards me.