Chapter Three

A/N: GUYS IM CRYING I JUST READ A FANFIC AND ONE OF THE LINES WAS "Is that your face or did your neck just throw up?" THAT'S SO SAVAGE BRUH GET #REKT (I'm sorry, I had to share, now on with the real reason you're here)

-------------

My alarm went off so loud, it practically startled me awake. The ringing noise continued in my ear as I quickly reached to turn it off. A huge part of me wanting to ignore it completely and go back to sleep but I knew I couldn't. I rolled over and checked the time on my alarm clocked and let out a loud groan.

3am.

I was waking up at three in the morning.

I remembered why instantly – today was the day. I'd only received the mission yesterday but that was how quickly things worked around here. In about an hour and a half's time, I was going to be up in the air on my way to freaking Russia.

And of course, I'd made the stupid decision to head off to bed at 1am in the morning. But to be fair, I'd spent some time up at night trying to orchestrate an entire lie to get my mother off my back for the next week. It had taken a very sudden phone call to Debby with a lot of pleading to get her to finally agree to cover for me by saying I was camping with her if my mother was to call or ask. And it had taken an even longer amount of time to convince my mother that this 'spur of the moment camping trip' would be good for me and I needed it. I promised her everything would be fine and I would be safe – if only she knew.

It didn't even feel human to be this awake in the morning.

I slowly lifted myself up until I was sitting upright. I needed to wake up, even though I really didn't want to. A huge part of me wondered if I should have even gone to sleep last night if I knew I was going to get so little sleep and wake up feeling like crap. Maybe I would be able to get a bit of sleep on the plane. It was going to be a long flight, after all.

I rubbed my eyes as I focused my newly gained eyesight on my dresser. I could see that the note was still on there. My Mom knew that I would be leaving for my 'camping' trip this morning, but I hadn't told her that I would be gone so early. So I'd decided to leave her a note explaining that I chose to leave a little earlier than planned to get ready with Debby. Considering the time she'd wake up, she probably wouldn't even see the note until I was already flying high in the sky.

The reality of the situation began to hit me as I looked around my room. I suddenly found myself asking a question I never thought I would.

What if this is the last time I see my room?

I had shocked myself for even thinking it but then I really did start to consider it. What if something bad happened on the mission and I didn't make it home? It was going to be very dangerous after all. It made my last case truly look like child's play. Rogue spy division? That definitely trumped two teenage girls.

But I had Eric, I thought.

If anything were to go wrong he'd be there. The top agent. And somebody that I trusted more than anybody. He knew what he was doing.

Then another thought hit me.

What if he didn't save me?

It wasn't in an agent's description to help defend another agent during a case. If I was being attacked and he needed to do something for the mission, the mission took priority. He couldn't save me. He would have to do his job.

I remembered the time he had defended me when we were attacked at Kennedy High at night. The way he had fought off my attacker, telling them to never touch me again... but that was different. That was my last mission. That was when I wasn't an official agent and I'd still been underage. It had probably been his responsibility to make sure I didn't die for the sake of the agency.