Chapter 37

I am so sorry for the long wait. I had writers block and then I had to study for these stupid finals.

This one is lonnnnngggggg.

Chapter 37

I grabbed the cool glass that was filled with water to the rim. I sipped from it as I sat, waiting for the next question. I laughed as I thought about all the stuff I've told this woman. Like, I've been knowing her my whole life or something. Well at least I get to let it off my chest.

People wanted to know about him. Which seems kind of funny because when he was alive and breathing, people didn't give two fucks about him. Not enough to just sit down with him and ask him about how he's doing unless they're trying to get some extra information about some bullshit beef he had with Big or how he seemed to have beef with every one.

Nobody really cared about him, they just wanted information from him and I think people just wanting a certain thing from him, made him doubt himself and as well the people around him.

He asked me all the time, "what's the use of living, if people that you love don't care about you?" And not once have I thought that people didn't care about him, I felt that he was always surrounded with people that cared about him, or people that pretended to care. Tuh, trust me, throughout our rocky relationship, I've seen people come and go from out of his life.

When he's up and active, and has money to just blow off, he has all these friends but when he's attacked by the media and has spent all his money to his lawyers and attorneys and locked up like a animal, all his friends disappeared just as quick as they appeared.

I left for a amount of time and a woman straight-up took my spot. I was hella upset and it took us time to work it out, to get to where it needed to be. It wasn't a fairly smooth ride as y'all can already tell by how much I've told her so far, but I loved him. Loved him with absolute everything in me and I don't think the love it have for him will ever perish, no matter who I'm with. No man, and I mean NO man could ever take his place.

June 12, 1995

"Aaliyah, you don't have to go." My friend, Kidada pleaded, looking at me through the mirror.

I ignored them fairly well as I slipped my dress on and flipped my freshly-pressed and dyed hair over my shoulder. "I want to go, okay?" I replied, fishing for my lipstick in the small pouch that was always stashed away in the bathroom cabinet.

Lisa and Dada sighed simultaneously and shook their head at me as I continued to prep myself in the mirror. I dabbed a bit of concealer, not too much because I'm not really big on makeup, onto my face before snapping the container shut and tossing it back in the pouch with the rest.

By the constant groaning coming from Lisa's lips, I bet she regrets telling me about the engagement party that Tupac and Keisha were hosting here in New York. I was a little upset when I first found out, like, all I could think about what was going through my head at the moment.

I could've sworn he was just in my bed, screwing my brains out, telling me how much he loved me. Were the words that were floating in my head as the words "engagement" fell from between her lips.

But I'm over it now. I've learned how to accept things for how they are. If he wants to marry Keisha, then he shall do just that.