Chapter 15

(This chapter is sort of all over the place but bare with me. Thank you to the people who commented on the last chapter. I really do appreciate it. Hope you enjoy xxx)

Niall's POV

Nick let me go home early. He came back to check on me after the class had finished and I was still sobbing so he took me to the front office and signed me out before calling mum to come and pick me up. He sat out the front of the school and let me cry in his arms as we waited. I was thankful that he didn't ask questions. I wouldn't have been able to answer them anyway. I couldn't get myself to stop crying.

When mum got there Nick carried me to the car and set me in the front seat, buckling me in and kissing my forehead between telling mum what had happened. When Nick stepped back and closed the door mum drove me home and helped me inside to the couch, rubbing my back. I sat down and instinctively curled up around my stomach and I leant into mum when she sat down beside me. She murmured quiet words in my ear and held me as I cried until I had no tears left, She got me a glass of water and helped me take a few pain killers before she laid me down on the couch. I felt her tuck a blanket over me and kiss my forehead as I started to fall asleep, completely exhausted.

Nick's POV

I had no idea what was wrong with Niall. But I knew it had something to do with Liam. Niall had almost seemed to glow when he first met Liam, but today he broke down at the sight of him. I was worried for Niall so the first thing that I did after sending him home was find Liam and drag him into an empty classroom, shutting the door before I turned to face him. "What the hell did you do to my brother?" I asked him firmly, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

Liam's reaction to the question was what made me the angriest I had been in years. He shrugged and copied my position, arms crossed and facing me. "It's his own fault. I don't care anyway." He said calmly and within seconds I had him pressed against the wall.

"You're a prick. The biggest prick out of all of the bullies and the people who don't care. Never go near him again." I growled, narrowing my eyes at him before I shoved him to the ground. "Stay away from me too. And for your information, she has an STI." I continued, walking away from him before I started beating him up. I had opened the door to leave the classroom when he spoke again.

"It's not my fault he forced himself on me. He tried to touch me. Like that. At least he only managed to kiss me." He spat as he pushed himself to his feet, glaring at me. My jaw dropped and I backed out of the way as Liam walked out of the room. I stared after him, utterly bewildered before I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Niall. I wasn't surprised when he didn't pick up, so I sent him a text telling him to call me back as soon as he could before I sighed and made my way to my next class.

An hour later was when Niall finally called me back and I excused myself to go to the bathroom and I answered quickly. "Niall. I need you to tell me exactly what happened between you and Liam right now." I said as the first thing of the call. I heard the intake of breath and the quiet whimper from his end.

Niall's POV

Hearing Nick's question I froze. He sounded distressed, angry even, and I couldn't help but panic about what he might have heard. "Uh-... I... H-he kissed me." I whispered, biting my lip nervously. In the next few seconds I ended up tearing up and I sniffled, covering my eyes with the hand that wasn't over my eyes. "W-we went jogging and-... One of us tripped and we both fell... And then he kissed me..." I whispered, taking a deep breath but the tears were already falling. "He ran away after-..." I whimpered, curling up on the couch and pressing my face against my knees, sobbing softly.

Nick didn't say anything for a few minutes and each passing second scared me even more. When he did reply I didn't know what to think. "Liam told me that you tried to do things to him. And that you were the one who kissed him. Is that true?" He asked quietly, his voice hesitant as though he didn't want to know the answer.

"I-No! Of course not." I whispered shakily, shaking my head hard. "I would n-never." I sniffled and rubbed at my eyes, trying to get myself to stop crying. "D-does he really hate me t-that much. I didn't mean for a-anything to happen."

I hung up on him a few seconds later and set my phone down on the ground before curling up in the cough and pressing my face against my hands, crying against them. All I could think about was the fact that Liam had told my brother that I had done something that I would never ever do to anyone ever. And by the sound of it Nick believed him. And both of those things hurt equally as much.

I laid on the couch, crying to myself until mum came in to give me something for lunch and she noticed my damp cheeks. She asked me what was wrong and I just shook my head and took the pain medication she had brought along for me, taking it before I made my way up the stairs and into Nick and my bedroom, climbing into my bed and hiding under the covers.

Ever since I met Liam my life has fallen to pieces. Nick and I seem to have gone from close to strangers and I have nothing. My routine is messed up and I had my hopes up that Liam would stay, only to have my heart torn into pieces. I thought Liam was going to stay for good. I mean, it was inevitable that I would develop feelings for him, but I had hoped that at least I would have a friend. I only ever wanted a friend who didn't have to put up with me just because we're related. I thought that Liam actually cared, and it hurt to know I was wrong.