Chapter Thirty-Two

Before you read I just wanted to dedicate this chapter of my book to a writer called Boring_Tings. I really love her book that I'm reading right now, you should all go and check it out, it's called "Missing Ian" and it's amazing so far:) AND... Almost at 150K views?! Omg, thank you to everyone who's reading and following this book. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Here it is, Angela's secret has been revealed!

A. Summers xo

Adriano woke up an hour or so later with a headache and a pain in his back. Angela was still lying on his chest, gripping his shirt lightly. He moved his head to look at the brightening sky out the kitchen window when he felt her stirring. He decided it would be better for the both of them to go back asleep in an actual bed so carefully picked her up and began to carry her into his bedroom.

"Hmm, Adriano?" Angela said sleepily between cracked open eyelids. Her head was leaning against his chest, her legs dangling over his arm as he carried her.

"Shh, go back to sleep." He whispered in her ear, placing her beneath the covers he had pulled down on her side of the bed. Once she turned on her side, getting comfortable, he placed them over her again and she snuggled into the comfort of the mattress.

It wasn't until around noon that Angela was woken up by Adriano tossing and turning in bed. She felt the bed dip down beside her where he was sitting up now, his legs hitting the ground beneath them. Once he got up she turned over to see where he was going.

"Adriano?" she croaked out, she looked at his moving back as he made his way to the ensuite.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." he sounded groggy and as soon as he turned to look at her, she could tell he must have been hung over. His eyes carried big bags under them but he was trying to give her warm smile anyway.

"Where are you going?" she asked, knowing that now might not have been the time to spill everything out but if she waited until another day she thought she might explode. She knew she needed to tell him, right not.

"I was just going to get ready for work." He sounded tired.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." Angela apologised again.

"No, I'm sorry. You don't need to apologise for anything. I shouldn't have come home last night in a state. We should've just talked about it. I know you're not ready to tell me what's wrong, but I hope you can sometime." Why was he being so nice? It made her feel even worse. She was staring at him now as he stood there in the same spot on the floor. "I'm just going to take a shower okay?"

"No, Adriano wait." He turned around again quickly to look at her. She was sitting up now in bed, her eyes were tearing up but she looked up at the ceiling in an attempt to try and make them go away.

"What is it?" he asked, a little concerned now. He made his way over to her quickly then placed his hands on each arm, bowing down to her eye level. "Is everything alright?"

She shook her head slowly and then closed her eyes to mask her crying. Adriano wrapped his arms tighter around her now and squeezed her. She peered through his embrace up at him now with big, red and puffy eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong Angela." The next couple of minutes were hard for Angela, she never imagined actually doing what she was about to do. And through her tears she and pain from the scars and memories of her past, she still managed to tell Adriano what needed to be said.

"I was running Adriano."

"Running?"

"I didn't go through a bad break up, I ran away from him. That's what I was doing in Canada. When you found me the only reason I had my things packed up was because there was no point in unpacking, I didn't settle down anywhere in case he found me and I had to leave again." She ignored her tears and continued to talk.