014

Nicolas was tired and all he wanted was to lay in his bed and cuddle with his most cherished, Anna. As he stepped inside his home, he heard laughter and music merrily playing from the backyard. He massaged his temple, it must be one of Evelyn's galling whims. A garden party! Really? At such a time? He heard footsteps and looked up. He had hoped that it would be Anna surprising him, but to his dismay, it was Evelyn.

Evelyn had a look of worry. Her forehead full of creases and her lips were in a thin line. She is hardly ever this worried for anything, Nicolas thought. As Evelyn came closer, she tripped. That's what she gets for wearing such impossible shoes. But being the gentleman he is, Nicolas catches her. He didn't want to touch her because any contact to her made him feel guilty. As if he were betraying Anna. "What's wrong Evelyn?" He asked. Evelyn's lips started shaking and her eyes watering with what was obviously fake tears. Nicolas sighed. Evelyn pointed behind her, "It's Anna, dear, she's insane. She had been in a frenzy for quite some time now!" He narrowed his eyes at her,

"And you did not bother to stop her? What if she hurts herself?!"

"I-I... she won't let anyone in, dear!" She defended.

Nicolas fisted his hands on his side, "Have you never heard of such a thing called a spare key, woman!" He shouted.

"N-Nicolas! Calm down, we have guests." He glared at her and moved towards Claude who was standing behind the whole time. "Give me the spare key to her room and make sure that corridor is abandoned when I get there. No one is to disturb us not even Evelyn, am I clear?" Claude nodded his head, "Clear as crystal, sir" he answered then walked away.

When Nicolas arrived at Anna's door, Claude had already been there, waiting with a key in his hand. Nicolas took it and dismissed him. He then pressed his ear against the door and heard Anna scream followed by the sound of glass shattering and clothes being ripped. He opened the door to find the room completely destroyed. His eyes found Anna. Her make up was smudged and she had tears staining her lovely face.

Nicolas was devastated when he noticed the scratches and bruises on her arms and legs. But his attention was diverted when she dashed towards him and wrapped her legs around his waist. Her arms locked him and her face snuggled to his neck. "Nicolas, don't leave me! Please don't! I love you, I would die if you do." She cried against his nape. Her embrace became tighter, almost choking him. Nicolas sat down on her bed while still holding her in his arms. He kissed her shoulder. "Mon amour... Do you know what that means, Anna?" He asked. His voice low and filled with sorrow. She nodded her head, refusing still, to loosen her arms around him. "It means 'my love'... yes?" Nicolas said. She nodded once more.

"Anna... why do you think I call you that?" She remained still, not answering him. He sighed. He faced her and caressed her cheek with his hand. She was now sitting on his lap with her legs still wrapped around his waist.

Nicolas smiled warmly at her. "It is because you are my heart, Anna. My heart only beats with your every breath. Without you, my heart will stop beating and I will be no longer." Tears started to swell from her eyes as she began to tremble. He wiped away her tears with the pad of his thump. "Do you understand now, Anna? It is more likely for you to leave me than I. Because I cannot possibly leave my heart behind" he said quietly. Anna nodded and hugged him for dear life.

She released him and pushed him down. Never tearing her eyes from his. She was straddling him while his hands were caressing her thighs. She leaned closer to kiss him, "You'll never leave me right?" She asked. He shook his head, "Never." And he kissed her again.

Anna sat up and faced the man she loved, "Make me feel this isn't a dream" she whispered. He smiled at her. A smile that showed her just how much he adored her.