Chapter 1

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF-HARM
Camila woke up exactly on time, 3:45a.m. She got up and went to the restroom.

This was a everyday thing for Camila.
You see when Camila was born she had some trouble growing up. She was born with a penis, her mother was an alcoholic. Her dad was always at work, but when his wife "suddenly died" he became the "stay at home home dad".

Camila came out of the restroom with fresh cuts on her upper arms, this was an everyday thing for her. Wake up, cut, get ready for school.

Camila got in the shower, hating to see her body. She kept telling herself she was a freak, fat and gross looking creature.

She kept her eyes closed when she would get naked. She hated that she had a penis, no one knows about her extra part.

When she got out the shower it was still really early. She turned off the lights when she got dressed in the bathroom avoiding looking in the mirror.

She had on a Ed Sheeran T-shirt, a sweater, ripped jeans and a beanie.

She walked downstairs seeing pictures on the wall, seeing how happy her family was.

Now her dad crashes on their couch while prescription pills scatter on the little coffee table in front of her father. Camila's dad wasn't a bad guy, he was the closest thing she had.

Camila saw her dad asleep on the couch, she fixated on his chest, making sure he was still breathing. She smiled when she saw his chest move up and down.

She didn't want to wake him up, it was still early. She ate breakfast, and made extra for her dad, putting his meal in the microwave, taking a post-it note from a drawer in the kitchen and writing a little note for him when he wakes up.

Foods in the microwave, love you-Camila

It was finally time for school," Good bye dad." Camila said softly kissing his cheek. He moved to see his daughter walk out.

"Have a good day, Mila." His voice was raspy, his eyes were droopy but he still his hardest to give his daughter a smile, before plopping his head back down onto the couch.
---
Camila walked to school, talking to herself. She liked to talk to herself, she's not crazy or anything, she just doesn't know how to communicate with people.

"Today's there a test in history, your going to ace it, Camila." She told herself.

"Why do birds have to fly? I mean if they walk they might get run over. It a hard life for birds." Camila said looking up seeing birds fly around.

Camila got to school heading straight to her first period class, students were only suppose to be in the court yard or the cafeteria, not anywhere else.

But for Camila, it was an everyday thing.

"Good morning, Camila." Her teacher said with a bright smile.

"Good morning, Mr. Mars." Camila said taking her seat, in the front of his classroom.

"Did you have any breakfast?" Mr. Mars asked, staring at his student with concern. He, as well as other teachers knew that Camila wasn't a social butterfly and would often avoid going to the cafeteria. This was alarming to them, but Camila always dismissed any concern.

"Yeah, at my house." Camila told him as she looked up at the digital clock fearing what was coming up.

{{Ring}}

A storm of students came in the classroom taking their seat.

A group of kids would pinch her or kick her things before Mr. Mars told them to knock it off.
--
"Hey, dim-wit my buddy asked you a question." Austin said smacking Camila on her head.