XII

"If I lay here, if I just lay here, will you lay with me and just forget the world?

                                                                                              ▼▲▼

                                                                                         Reid's POV

Time was ticking away. Every minute- every second she wasn't with us was another second she was at risk.

We were already speeding through traffic, passing approximately a hundred and ten cars every minute. My fist were clenched and my body was tense throughout the whole car ride. J.J was explaining the routes of the forest and where we'd divide into groups to search for the cabin. I wasn't really listening though, I already memorized the map and I already knew who I'd be grouped with. Although I was thrilled we found Natalia's location, I couldn't be more filled with anger:

We could be driving at eighty miles an hour if there weren't so many cars returning home from work, we could have already reached the forest if it wasn't for all these people. Do they not understand that there are two serial killers on the loose? They're broadcasting information every hour of every day! I would-

Gosh, I need to calm down. I need to be relaxed when we try to search for Natalia. Reading! That can help me ease my tension! I looked around for a book or case files to read, but I soon realized that I forgot my book in the conference room after we dashed off, and I already read the case file more than a hundred times. Facts. I thought to myself, that's easy. 

In the Milky Way alone, there is about 200 billion stars.

If you lift a Kangaroo's tail up, then it can't jump.

The strongest bone in the body is the femur, and it's even the longest.

There are approximately 216 infections known to the public, but as time, science and technology continuous to progress, the list goes on.  

Natalia probably has infections.

Natalia is 5 feet tall and 8.3 centimeters.

She has dark brown hair that perfectly angles her face and dark brown eyes that you could stare into for ages.

She weighs approximately 135 pounds and she's been missing for thirty-six hours, fifty three minutes and eleven seconds. 

The first twenty-four hours are the most critical, and we were already twelve hours, fifty three minutes, and fifteen seconds too late.

My facts have failed me. For the first time, my facts didn't calm me and neither did my reading. All I could do was drown in my own sorrow and worry. I looked out the window and noticed the clouds in the distance forming. My head rested, tilted, on the glass window. I noticed the clouds forming quickly, in approximately two hours it would start to downpour across the whole city. Even the...

My eyes widened and everything began to make sense. The rain. The cabin. The forest. Emily was right!

"Morgan!" I cried out, leaning against my seat belt to reach Morgan in the front. The large man furrowed his eyebrows and he glanced at me for a millisecond as he drove. "Emily was right!"

Emily, J.J's, and Morgan's attention were all on me.

"The rain!" I pointed out to the window. "The rain has been consistent! It has rained once, every Friday for about twelve hours. Yes! The rain has been giving the unsubs a chance to eliminate any piece of evidence due to the pouring rain! But the timing is just a coincidence! It just happened to rain those two Friday's for a few hours!" I tried to explain to them, but they were all still confused. I shook my head and slammed my hands on my thighs. "You need to drive faster, Morgan! It's going to rain in approximately two hours and I don't know if that's enough time to save Natalia!"