Chapter 4

Charlie's POV

I hugged him, not one of those loose two second one's, but tight and long lasting. he returned the hug and we just stood there for a while hugging, not saying anything. he lifted his head off my shoulder and looked down at me to meet my gaze.

''shouldn't we get going?" he asked sniffling.

"You don't have to come tonight if you don't want to" we let go of each other and he started to walk towards his car.

"come on, we're going to be late" I ran after him and got in the car as soon as I closed the door behind me he drove off, I turned around to check the back seat for his guitar; it was there.

we arrived at the venue it was a small pub. When we got inside with our gear we were greeted by the owner and he showed us where to set up. The pub was dark and quite hot, it was full of people. Once we had set up I looked at Niall.

"are you sure you're okay?" he smiled at me.

"yeah I'll be fine, I'll forget about it anyway when we're preforming. You know I will". I went to the bar to get us a glass of water each. when I got back to the stage I saw a few guys talking to Niall about his guitar I walked over and passed him his drink.

"Is this your girlfriend mate?" one of the guys asked

"no, I'm his best friend" I replied and gave a smile.

"Friend zoned! gutted pal" said some other guy with floppy brown almost black hair, Niall just playfully laughed along.

"that's good, I can take her home with me then" said the first guy winking at me. Niall looked quite angry at the guy.

"I don't think so, she doesn't go out with anyone I don't approve of" he said coldly, the guy and his mates just walked away.

"sorry" I said, Niall looked at me.

"it's not your fault char, you're pretty guys are gonna be jerks to you. You ready?" he sounded pissed off. He picked up his guitar and started introducing us to our audience.

"hey guys this is Charlotte and I'm Niall we're just going to be sing a mixture of genres tonight! we hope you enjoy it". because we didn't have a set genre to sing tonight we started with one of our favourites James Brown get up offa that thing it's really fun to sing and because it's so lively you feel really liberated after it. once we finished our set Niall gave me a hug.

"sorry for being grumpy, fancy getting a few beers and coming back to mine?"

 "sure I'm just going to the toilet, I'll meet you in the car?" 

When I came out of the toilet I walked into some one "oh gosh! I'm sorry!" I looked up it was that jerks friend the one with the almost black hair.

"Its okay don't worry about it. I'm sorry about my friend in there he gets like that when he's had a bit to drink" he looked at me apologetically waiting for an answer he actually looked kind of cute.

"don't worry about it I play at a lot of pubs so I'm kind of used to it" I smiled hoping to make him feel a bit better, plus he's cute so I don't want him upset over me.

"My names Nick," he stuck out his hand for me to shake "Charlie". He kept hold of my hand and grabbed a pen from his pocket and wrote a number on the inside of my arm.

"this is my number give me a call if you want and I'll take you out to make up for what my friend did, a beautiful girl doesn't deserve to get treated like that"