Brier.

This school was... Interesting. The walks were different colors each. The tiles on the ground had mosaics on some of them. There were no kids, they were showing us around today on a Sunday. Father clucked his tounge in disapproval when the receptionist showed us the lockers. "Much too out of place" he muttered. But I heard him. I was a new student at this Central park highschool, and I used to go to a private school. In the beginning of the year I had initially planned to go to this school, but at the last minute my father wanted me to finish The 8th grade there something about finer education. I somehow managed to convince him to let me finish the 3 weeks left of school. And father had his connections, so they let me stay. I guess I just wanted to leave that death place of a school to start freshman year. The receptionist showed us my classes, my electives which were Visual arts and Public speaking and debate. She led us back downstairs and showed us to the door. "You will start school tomorrow, and the supplys list is on our school website. Any questions?" she looked towards me. I shook my head and she nodded and made a move to shake fathers hand but he simply nodded. "This is a very expressive and unique school. Have an open mind, will you?" She said and by the look on her eye I knew that. She meant a different thing. Father grabbed my shoulder and we left.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I signed when I walked out of the stuffy underground escaltor. I had to take the subway since Father had a quick meeting and couldn't care to hire some sort of car for me. It was crowded and it was very hard trying to find a seat. It was the first day of my school and it was close to the end of the School year.  My dad has to go on a business trip far away for most of the summer and i told him about the summer program.  The school had to be pretty big to fit a lot of people on it sot i made sure i had my map with me. The crowd overwhelmed me.  Kids 6th to 12th grade were wondering around the halls going to their first class. Others were standing around and talking. My first class was Advanced language arts with Mrs. Gunthron. Now all I had to do was remember where the lockers are and find the classroom. While I was walking, kids were giving me glances and it was odd. In my old school not many kids were there and it was only 6th to 8th grade. They were looking at me like I had a giant clown mask on my head, making it no choice but to look at me and some girls looked me up and down before giggling with their friends in large groups by the lockers. I found my locker and realized that it was a plain blue locker, different from everybody else's. There a had multiple patterns that looked like paint and one even had some fabrics on it in my of school out lockers were plain and from, all of them the same color. I did the combination slowly and opened the locker. I put my things into the locker exept for a notebook and some pencils and headed in the direction of room 2400. I went inside the classroom and yet more kids were looking at me. But most had their heads down sleeping. I sat down in a desk near the door and looked straight ahead waiting for Mrs. Gunthron to come. The bell finally rang and Mrs. Gunthron walked in, and even the half asleep kids stood up straight. "Today is going to go as normal as it would. Any other day but I would like to introduce you to Mr. Brier Manne, who will be with us for the last three weeks of school. Is there anything that you would like us to know about yourself Brier?" I was caught off guard by her question and cleared my throat awkwardly before saying "no ma'm." she nodded her head and started talking about annotating and how we should have done better on the quiz. Since there wasn't anything that my private school didin't teach us so I just listened and took notes. She gave me some worksheets to practice with and The bell rung for the next class and this one was visual arts. Father was definitely not happy when he looked at my schedule and saw art, telling me that creativity was overrated and I should strive for better. I walked to Mrs. Dean's class to see about twelve kids lined up against the wall. They were talking casually until I came to line up. I looked at my schedule. "Is this where the visual arts elective meets?" I asked. They looked at each other, giving each a secret look before raising their eyebrows, and I raised my own when they so don't answer my question. But quite suddenly a girl with crazy hair and as crazy of an outfit was in my face. "Hi I'm Aven! Of course your in the right place! Your in Mrs. Deans class and its. The most awesome! Your going to have an awesome time! Did I mention the name's Aven?" I leaned back a bit when she stuck her hand out, and it smelled like Mandarin oranges. She was suddenly yanked out of the way and a guy who looked a lot like the type to hang around the bleachers and vape held her back while having a sheepish look on his face. "I'm sorry little Aven here-"
"I'm not little!"
"Fine your not little! Well Aven here may come off a bit strongly but to answer your question yes this is Mrs. Deans art class. The names Rodney by the way." he stuck out his hand and I gently shook it and told him my name . He introduced me to the others, who stood out a great deal too. When he was finished, we were still waiting for the bell that would dismiss the students inside the arts room. I looked at Aven more closely. Her hair was a mess of purple and pink with some type of knot tied to the back but was weird because the front part of her hair was pitch black. Want kind of hairstyle was that? She had on a jean jacket with cats on the back and cats on her elbow patches. She had on jeans that looked like bells around her ankles and in Her knees were those same cats. She looked at me with a chesire Grin that made me concern for her but then she poked me on my arm. And I've never been poked before. I guess she didint realize my frozen expression because she said with realisation. "Hey, you must be a new student! That would explain why you haven't rolled your eyes or cringed in disgust!" I swear, did she say everything so exitedly? "I'm new here yes, and I'm going yo be here until senior year." she nodded her head and looked towards the ceiling and appeared to me in a dream-like state. She looked really into it so I just decided to look ahead and not say anything. The bell finally rang a few moments later and she snapped out of it, looking like she actually woke up from a dream. She looked at me with a determined stare before we all walked in.

Art turned out to be pretty cool, Mrs. Dean could pretty much be Avens mother because they acted pretty much the same. I had no classes with either of them except speaking and debate with Aven. She did something odd, and asked me if she wanted to go to detention with me. I've never heard of detention before but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a good thing. I definitely said no. The day passed on pretty quickly, and sooner than later I was riding in the back of my dad's Ford Taurus. I'm guessing he didint trust the driver with one of the finer ones. The driver dropped me off at the front door and one of the maids ushered me in. Unsurprisingly, me and Father rarely talked when I was in the house so I just tended to my lonesome in my room. Mrs. Gunthron really liked to challenge us so we had a three page article on the cold war that we had to annotate. It came with questions and one of them was to ask a relative about their views on the civil war. Me being so stupid, I decided to ask my father on his views instead of one of the maids. I walked down the stairs and headed to his main office where I knew he would be. I heard muffled voices and did what I've never done before. I pressed my ear to the door. "What do you want jane? I gave you the money order just last week!" I froze. That was my "mother" and she was doing what she did every week, asking for money when her greedy self was almost taking all of my dad's. Should I listen more? I didint have a chance to chose when my ear pressed against the door once more. "what do you mean is wasn't enough?" I knew by then that both my parents were riled up now. They started arguing about things, and then about the stupid business but not once did I get mentioned. Then the next words she said made me shocked, i didn't think she would go this far. It was
loud enough for me to hear her over the phone.   But i heard that one word. Divorce. Then I heard the smashing of a phone and angry paces. The door slammed open to reveal a red faced Father. If looks could kill, I would be six feet under by now. He paced around,mumbling things under his breath. We were both expecting this, and I was worried. My mother had a tendency to get whatever she desired and especially if it's money she wants, its money she gets. He finally noticed me and glared at me. He pushed me against the wall, which shocked me because while he put his anger out on me, he never physically hurt me. He shook me, making me slightly dizzy.  "you hear me boy? Am I not loud enough? Well you heard absolutely nothing!" he yelled into my ear. He  was shaking with anger and when I still didint answer. Him he gave  me a slap to the cheek which left a numbness yet still stung. He left to go back to his office and I quickly ran to my room. But not before walking towards the wide eyed maid and saying " you saw it heard nothing." she shaking nodded and headed towards the kitchen.  Once in my room I sunk into my bed and let it sink in.  I didint realize that tears were conning out of my eyes till I felt them conning in streams.I wiped my eyes viciously and looked towards the ceiling, which didint stop the tears. I sighed.

This was when it all came crashing down.

12-03-15

I'm sorry people! But I have great plans for this book! Anyways what do you think! I welcome feedback because this is my first book I'm wattpad. If you ever see the word brief, just know that it means Brier! While auto-correct can be a blessing, it's also a curse. Gootbye my friends! And look for another update!!!

- LAnAbEaR