Chapter 29

Raven's P.O.V:

It's been a long day at the office and I'm looking forward to going home and spending the evening with my Drakey. Maybe a hot bath to loosen up my tense muscles and a nice massage...Feeling Drake's strong hands on my back makes me shiver with desire. 

Just thinking about him makes a small genuine smile appear on my lips. My boss then walks in, raising her eyebrows and giving me a smirk as she puts a large pile of paper work on my large, neat wooden desk.

"What are you thinking about thats got you so happy?"

"Nothing." I say too quickly and I notice her grin even bigger.

"Wouldn't happen to be a certain someone would it? Day dreaming on the job- tut tut."

I find my cheeks burning slightly, probably a light shade of pink. "Anna, your so embarrassing."

My boss; Anna, laughs before sitting back at her own desk; littered with papers and styrofoam cups of coffee. She tucks a strand of blonde hair behind her ear and smiles at me again, making me shift in my seat and pout at her.

"Aren't you a cutie...So, that work I need done for next week..." She trails off to glance at her diamond wrist watch. "Ten more minutes and then you are free to go!"

I find myself chuckling, rolling my eyes at her and then starting to put the stack of paper work into my brief case with a huff. I run a hand down my tired face and glance at my phone to see Drake has not replied to my message.

 Flashing Anna a smile as she waves me goodbye, I walk out the office and disappear down the hall, rummaging around in my pockets as I search for my Ipod and headphones which happen to be a tangled mess- as usual.

Checking my phone one more time to see no new messages, a frown makes its way onto my face before I shove it into my pocket once more and walk out into the sunlight. A sigh escapes my lips and I untangle my headphones, looking down at them as I walk along the deserted side walk.

I plug them into my Ipod turning it on and shoving it into my pocket also before putting the headphones into my ears and letting the sound of Imagen Dragons, fill my ears and I rolled my shoulders back, walking as I start to get lost in my own little world.

'I feel it in my bones,
Enough to make my system blow,
Welcome to the new age, to the new age, to the new age!'

I suddenly feel like someone is watching me, my eyes snapping up to see nothing out of the oridinary but I pick up my pace anyway, breathing slightly uneven as I speed up; shuffling past a group of people standing in the middle of the path.

Rummaging around in my pocket, I take my phone out to yet again, see that I have no new messages and I frown. I wonder what Drake's doing, I cannot wait to get home and spending the evening with him; curled up in his arms  relaxing after a long day at work.

"Omph!"

Someone bumps into me and I stagger back, head lifting up to meet dark eyes. My own eyes widen, words spilling from my mouth on their own accord- unable to stop them. "I am so sorry! I wasn't looking what I was doing!"

The person brushes off their jeans, cracking their knuckles and letting out a chuckle that rings in my ears. They look over to me and a sly smile appears on the guys face, making a frown appear on mine as my brain tries to come up with the identity of the man in front of me considering he looks slightly familiar.

"Don't mention it, Raven, right?"

I jolt back, frown deepening. "Do I know you?"

"Not personally.. I know you though.. And your.. Boyfriend." He hisses the last word; anger flashing across his face before being replaced with that sickly sweet smile.

He approaches me, shaking my hand before stepping back, running a hand through his hair. My phone buzzes but I ignore it, finding it rude to get my phone out whilst in the company of someone else.

"How do you know..." I trail off, realisation clicking as I take a small step back; eyes widening further as a small gasp escapes my parted lips. Joel stands there, shoving his hands in his pockets as his eyes flash with humour.

"Ah, I see you know who I am now." He chuckles darkly, bringing out a piece of folded paper, his eyes cast down as he plays with it; a smirk etched onto his face.

I frown once more, curiosity getting the better of me as he notices my eyes lingering on the piece of paper in his tanned, large hands. "Here. I thought you would want to this, considering your little boyfriend isn't so perfect after all."

My hands play with the thin white piece of paper and my eyes meet Joel's shining orbs as he then breaks eye contact to look around us; the street deserted as he waits for me to open it, as if he knows I will.

With a small sigh, I slowly open up the piece of paper to reveal a picture that has my breathe catching in my throat as it tightens and my heart beat accelerates. I clutch the piece of paper in my hands and wish I had never seen it. My eyes flicker up to Joel who looks slightly sympathetic.

He taps me reassuringly on the shoulder, saying in a low voice. "I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of all of this..." Before walking away and leaving me alone with my turmoil thoughts and raging heartbeat.

My eyes sting with unshead tears as I gasp, clutching my chest where my heart pounds painfully against my chest. I glance down at the picture once more; feeling my heart crack and there is nothing I can do about it. Right now, I feel completely helpless as my heart shatters into a million pieces.

Shoving the vial picture in my pocket, I furiously wipe stray tears with the back of hands as I try to keep it together, taking off into a jog as my head hurts and my heart throbs with pure pain and heartbreak.

The image keeps going round and round in my head that I grip at my hair; pulling it rather painfully but not feeling it as all I can feel right now is emotional pain, everything else feels completetly numb as I make my way quickly to my apartment- bumping into strangers on the street without so much as a backwards glance.

The evidence seems to be burning a whole in my pocket as I picked up my pace, fingers twitching and vision blurred by tears. The image keeps popping up in my head over and over again... And every time, my heart breaks a little bit more.

Drake... And someone else... Some other guy... Embracing one another... Kissing.

I shake my head, letting out a gasp as I slam my apartment door behind me and slide down it, crying as my heart finally shatters and breaks to the point of no repair.

_____________
Sorry that I've taken so long to upload. Apologises if this isn't very well written too- Had to write it twice as it didn't save the first time.

COMMENT.
VOTE.
FAN? (^ '.' ^)