[12]

connor watched as troye slept, his chest rising and falling. his arms crossed against his chest.

"why are you staring?" asked troye. connor jumped, and looked away. "don't try to brush it off, i saw you."

"did not," said connor, taking out his book. "anyways, whatever. i was just looking if we were about to land."

##

troye helped connor with his bags, and pushed the trolly with their luggage. "mom said she'd be gone a day or two before she meets us."

"yay," whispered connor, looking around the airport. "so this is sydney?"

troye nodded. "yes, this is the birthplace of me. please don't soil it with your genderphobic-ness."

connor rolled his eyes. "whatever that means."

they walked to the curb, and troye looked around. "who are you looking for?"

troye waved connor away, and kept looking around. connor rolled his eyes and looked around too.

"fucking dick," said troye, and took out his phone. he dialed a number and held the phone to his face. "steele, where are you?"

connor looked at his shoes awkwardly. then thought of the perfect picture. he took out his phone, and waited for it to light up but i didnt.

he held down the power button, low battery. he frowned, he was sure he had charged it during the, he looked over at troye. talking away in his phone. his charged phone.

"did you disconnect my phone when it was charging?" said connor, blood starting to boil in his cheeks.

"yeah, cause i'm not on the phone trying go get us a ride?" said troye, scoffing. "shouldn't be charging your phone on a plane anyways, safety laws."

connor frowned. "you charged yours, why couldn't i charge mine."

"i'm not having this conversation while i'm on my brother with my idiot of a brother, yes that's you. are you coming or not?" he said. his blue eyes scanned the parking lot in front. "just fucking wave."

connor sighed. "this is going to be a long trip."

"it's barely started. now c'mon, help me push this cart across the street." said troye, already pushing the cart.

connor looked both ways, and helped him. "i don't know how things work in australia, but isn't this illegal?"

"live a little, grandma. you're in australia, no one knows you. you can be anyone you want!" said troye, throwing his hands up. "new continent. new connor."

"is that what you did?"