FIFTEEN

"So I know it's a little soon to ask but what was Jack talking about back there?" Cameron asks as we sit down in the corner booth. He pulls his wallet out and takes out a $10 bill.

"What do you mean?" I ask as the waitress comes over.

"I'll have a latte and she'll have a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream" Cameron orders for me.

"How did you-?" I exclaim once the waitress has disappeared. How did he know my favourite hot drink?

"You look like a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream kind of girl. Plus Isaac ordered it the other day and told me that you loved them almost as much as he does." He says with a smile. "And to answer your question- I meant about when Jack said no one would sleep with you"

"It's just a stupid rumour" I sigh looking at the table. He reaches across, taking my hands in his own, rubbing his thumbs over the tops of my hands lightly.

"You can tell me anything" He assures me. I look up at him, staring him straight in the eye.

"Last year, some girls spread a rumour that I asked the whole football team to sleep with me- which isn't true because 1. Isaac is on that team and 2. Just ew- and they all got defensive and said they wouldn't touch me if I was the last girl on earth."

"Ouch" Cameron winces as if I've actually physically hurt him. "Sounds rough"

"Isaac tried to tell me it's because they're all scared of what he and Mason might do but I don't believe it."

"I do. I mean what other reason could there be?"

"There's something I haven't told you." I say as the waitress places out mugs delicately into the table. "Last year I struggled with my weight quite a bit. I wasn't exactly the 'ideal girl' and no one knew how I even got a tryout for the cheer team."

"But you're stick thin now?" He says sitting back in disbelief, taking his hands away from my grasp. I knew he'd react like this. No one wants to date a previously fat chick in case she becomes fat again. "Wait, is this why I've never witnessed you eat?"

"I'm not anorexic" I say defensively.

"I didn't say you were"

"I'm not bulimic either"

"I believe you Luna" He says softly, moving back towards me. "I'm just finding it hard to process"

"I knew this was all too good to be true. I clawed my way up the social ladder and now one stupid trip was all it took to completely screw me up."

"Nothing's screwed up"

"My friends hate me. My brother would rather be off making out with his girlfriend. You think I have a problem."

"I don't think that at all."

"Then what do you think?"

"I think that you being able to open up and tell me about this has made me like you even more."

"You do?" I say tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He slides out of the booth and changes seats so that his face is inches away from my own.

"I definitely do" He smiles, leaning in, tilting my head up and kissing me softly. "Does that prove it?"

"I think I might need one more just to be sure" I smirk, pulling him in again.

"You're amazing Luna. I don't care about what's happened in your past or how you've 'screwed things up'. You've got me and I'm going to be here for a long time."