Chapter 17

Grant's POV

I'm going to have to leave soon and I will be gone for a few weeks, I have a few more episodes to do for the third season of Glee and I haven't even been able to ask her on a date yet. We have gone to dinner and went on two walks and we talked. I want to ask her but I don't know when I should and another problem is the holidays will be coming up soon and we would all be going different places. I would be going to Virginia to meet be with my family and she would probably want to be with hers. Out of all the things she told me she didn't mention where she was from. I sigh and look over at my phone wanting to call her but stopping myself. Before I went back I wanted to spend more time with her and maybe ask her on that date.

Kevin's POV

It's eight in the morning and Vanessa and I are on the way to Mallory's house to tell her the good news about how we have decided to have a baby we get out and walk up to the door. I knock and we wait and I keep knocking and a few minutes later when the door opens I am hit by a growling, snarling gray mass that knocks me down on the ground. I look up and I'm staring into a pair of large golden eyes. I look up and there are teeth inches from my face. Next thing I know the mass is pulled off of me and is now sitting next to Mallory as I sit up I'm face to face with what looks like a wolf. Mallory reaches over and she starts rubbing the ears on the thing like it is some sort of baby. "What is that thing?" "His name is Hades, and he's a guard dog." "No he isn't a dog." "Yes he is, he is a Czechoslovakian wolfdog which is a mix of a Carpathian wolf and a German Shepherd you get the wolf look, but the German Shepherd temperament. I look down at it again and see it licking its chops like he wants to eat me for breakfast.

Mallory's POV

I look at Kevin and Vanessa "Don't get me wrong I love both of you but why are you at my house at eight in the morning?" Both of them smile at me and Kevin wraps an arm around her waist, Vanessa looks at me "We've decided that we are ready to have a baby." "That's great I'm happy for you." I can't help but be happy for the two of them and I hug Vanessa first then Kevin. I begin thinking of my own life, I was twenty one I haven't had a serious boyfriend since I was a freshman in high school and I wondered if I would ever have someone who looks at me the way Kevin looks at Vanessa and I wondered if I would ever get to be a mother. I was happy for them but I was also a little jealous of them too. "Well thanks for telling me I've got stuff to do today so I'll see you guys later." I walk in the house and shut the door behind me.

Vanessa's POV

While Kevin and I are driving home I begin thinking to myself about how something didn't feel right about our visit a few minutes ago. "Did it seem like she was acting a little weird to you?" "No more than usual why?" "I don't know I just feel like there is something wrong with her." "I'm sure you are just overthinking things I'm sure she is just fine." "I don't know she seemed kind of off to me." I look out the window and keep thinking I know something is wrong with her I just wonder what it is and if she would talk to me about it.