[Look how cute Grant is in that GIF]
If you have been asking yourself this very question, then you've come to the right place! I use gifs extremely often in my stories and because of this, I have gotten several questions as to how. So I figured, why not just make a small guide on how to just that!
First things first, you will need a computer or laptop. As far as I know, this will not work on a mobile device.
1. -- You need to find a GIF. These can easily be found on Tumblr or even just looking it up on a search engine. Once you find it, right click on it.
2. -- Click on 'Properties' once the menu pops up.
3. -- Under the new menu, look for 'Address: (URL)'. You will highlight the link and copy this.
4. -- Log in to Wattpad and go to the chapter you want to put the GIF in. At the top, click on the option to add an image.
5. -- Paste the 'Address: (URL)' once the box pops up.
6. -- Don't forget to save! And voila, you have (I hope) successfully added a GIF!
TIPS AND TIDBITS
1. -- I usually log in to Wattpad first as soon as I start the process and head straight to the chapter I want to put the GIF in. Keeping it open on a separate tab tends to make things easier and faster.
2. -- From what I have found, if the 'URL Image' says the GIF is from a Wattpad story (it will have the words 'Wattpad' in the link), it tends not to work. To fix this, I would try searching by image to see if I can find the same or similar GIF from a different site.
3. -- I find that rectangular GIFs, more width and a shorter height, tend to work the best when fitting on a mobile screen. There are some sites that can fix size issues where you can crop the GIF to your needs.
4. -- Find a GIF that matches the mood or pivotal point in the chapter. In my opinion, ones that resonate your writing are the best.
5. -- GOOD QUALITY IS IMPORTANT
I hope this helps for any who have been wanting to do this. And if you have any questions, please feel free to comment or message me!!
If you have no clue what I'm talking about or are on the fence about adding GIFs, just check out the tops of the chapters of my story 'In A Blink' or 'In A Heartbeat'. (Not asking you to read them, just hoping to inspire people to use GIFs. But if you want to read them that is totally okay)
YOU ARE READING
How To Add GIFsRandom
Recently, I have gotten several comments and messages asking 'How in the world do you add a gif to your story?' So I thought, why not make a small guide for everyone to follow if you want to do just that! Hope this helps several people out xx || cov...